Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Box Advice

Box Advice
2 parts

I'm headed to my local LCS today (hypothetically, maybe - tomorrow is payday)

I walk in......
If money was no object....what box should I buy?

If money is a bit tight, what box should I buy?

Thanks!
*I MUST SEND FIRST*
Not interested in GU or AUTO - base, base, base!!!

Baseball - Whit Merrifield, Wil Myers, Yadier Molina
Football - Brady Quinn, Landry Jones, Terry Bradshaw
Basketball - JJ Redick, Dr. J, Bill Walton

RE: Box Advice
Depends..you working on a set..looking for player..RC..AU..etc..

I like opening packs..so the $200 box with 1 pack is cool..but not satisfying my ripping craving..

I buy too many boxes so I probably am an outcast stat..

I'm not a set builder, so I would say I'm looking for individual players and also a cool hit every now and then that I can trade. Not much of a GU/AUTO guy unless it's a Braves player or a legend. And yes I crave the rip as well.

I don't buy any boxes. I typically spend $150 a week on auctions buying individual cards or 25-50 card lots.
*I MUST SEND FIRST*
Not interested in GU or AUTO - base, base, base!!!

Baseball - Whit Merrifield, Wil Myers, Yadier Molina
Football - Brady Quinn, Landry Jones, Terry Bradshaw
Basketball - JJ Redick, Dr. J, Bill Walton

(01-23-2020, 12:33 PM)toploader1976 Wrote: I'm not a set builder, so I would say I'm looking for individual players and also a cool hit every now and then that I can trade. Not much of a GU/AUTO guy unless it's a Braves player or a legend. And yes I crave the rip as well.

I don't buy any boxes. I typically spend $150 a week on auctions buying individual cards or 25-50 card lots.
HI # Heritage is fun to rip and has RC and inserts...

I love Gold Label..not a lot of packs and my fav every years is TEK,,again not much to rip..lots of hits..

Any Bowman product can be fun to open, and even more fun to go back through a year or more later to see which players ended up hitting it big that you didn't know about when you first opened the box.
I collect all sports, so the boxes I would go for right now are all basketball. However in baseball I would definitely buy any Topps Update if my LCS had some. My favorite boxes this year aside from Update would have to be Bowman Sterling and Topps Heritage (High Number as well as Minor League). If your shop has any 2018 left, then it might be more fun chasing Acuna RCs in those products than buying 2019. The best advice I can give when it comes to picking a box is to research the checklist before you buy, so that you have an idea of what might be inside. It would suck to buy something hoping for a shot at an Acuna auto only to see that the checklist shows none in that product or only a 1/1 and that's it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-24-2020, 04:21 PM)djohn Wrote: Any Bowman product can be fun to open, and even more fun to go back through a year or more later to see which players ended up hitting it big that you didn't know about when you first opened the box.
I collect all sports, so the boxes I would go for right now are all basketball. However in baseball I would definitely buy any Topps Update if my LCS had some. My favorite boxes this year aside from Update would have to be Bowman Sterling and Topps Heritage (High Number as well as Minor League). If your shop has any 2018 left, then it might be more fun chasing Acuna RCs in those products than buying 2019. The best advice I can give when it comes to picking a box is to research the checklist before you buy, so that you have an idea of what might be inside. It would suck to buy something hoping for a shot at an Acuna auto only to see that the checklist shows none in that product or only a 1/1 and that's it.
Love your advise..do the checklist to see if what you are searching even exists..