`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.77 Average
Zeprock Collection

RE: Zeprock Collection
Great list Zep - I am particular to adding Nolan Arenado. Mike Yastrzemski is too old to build credentials to make the HOF - this is just directed to the HOF - not the player. Maybe add him to your "I'm going to collect him because I love his uncle club." - LOL. Also, rethink Jacob deGrom - again, not anything against him - just the longevity of his "greatness". Good stuff!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

You're right Joe. I didn't realize Yaz was already in his 30s. I am partial to his grandfather who was my favorite player when I was growing up. I just can't pull the string on deGrom. I've failed on so many pitchers from Gooden to Johan. I am actually more likely to start a Greinke collection. He is quietly putting up some HOF numbers. Arenado is a good case. He seems to be consistently excellent.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(09-23-2021, 11:51 AM)zeprock Wrote: You're right Joe. I didn't realize Yaz was already in his 30s. I am partial to his grandfather who was my favorite player when I was growing up. I just can't pull the string on deGrom. I've failed on so many pitchers from Gooden to Johan. I am actually more likely to start a Greinke collection. He is quietly putting up some HOF numbers. Arenado is a good case. He seems to be consistently excellent.
Agree with Greinke.  As far as pitchers - hope you have Max on the list already.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

With today's Eddie Mathews post, I will have shown you 159 of the 385 different players that I currently collect. I have a couple more and then I will go through the players alphabetically and show you one card of each of them before I wrap this thread up.

Eddie Mathews was a 12-time All-star, two-time Home Run leader and two-time World Champion. He is the only player to have played home games for the Braves in all three cities of Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta. Teaming up with teammate Hank Aaron, their combined 863 home runs for the Braves are the most ever by two teammates surpassing Gehrig and Ruth. I currently have 226 different Beckett recognized cards of Mathews. Here are nine vintage from my collection.

1955 Bowman #103 Eddie Mathews
1956 Topps #107 Eddie Mathews
1957 Topps #250 Eddie Mathews

1958 Topps #440 Eddie Mathews
1959 Topps #212 Fence Busters/Hank Aaron/Eddie Mathews
1959 Topps #450 Eddie Mathews

1961 Topps #120 Eddie Mathews
1962 Topps #30 Eddie Mathews
1965 Topps #500 Eddie Mathews
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Just giving you feedback in your future HOF collection

Predictive HOF Great Players with great HOF chances
These franchise players IMO have the best chances as long as they stay healthy or don’t murder anyone
[b]Fernando Tatis Jr.[/b]
Shohei Ohtani

[b]Rafael Devers
Jacob deGrom [/b]

Damn good players but only slight chance 
I would love any of these guys to be on my team, but I don’t feel they have the longevity 
Ronald Acuna Jr. 
Juan Soto
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

No way they’re getting in, although really good players
I feel that they’ll put together a few more good years and then attain mediocrity after being traded to 4 different teams 
Xander Bogaerts
Bo Bichette

Side note: I’m with Joe ... Arenado is flying under the radar. Picking up hits, playing hard, collecting numbers ... could really put together an impressive career
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for the feedback Joe and Doc. Definitely something I will ponder going into next season.

Andre Dawson was a Rookie of the Year, NL Home Run leader, NL RBI leader, MVP, 8-time All-Star, 8-time Gold Glove Award winner and four-time Silver Slugger. "Awesome Dawson" was the first player to win MVP from a last place team when he won in 1987 after signing a blank contract for the Cubs because he was so set on escaping the artificial turf in Montreal. "The Hawk" came to Boston in 1992 and as a Red Sox fan, I was psyched to have him in the same lineup as Mike Greenwell and Mo Vaughn. I think Andre's autograph is right up there with Killebrew's as one of the nicest I have seen from a ballplayer. As of this posting, I have 625 unique Beckett recognized cards of Dawson. Here are nine selected autos and relics from my collection.

1996 Leaf Signature Autographs #56 Andre Dawson
2000 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Signatures #SAD Andre Dawson
2001 Topps American Pie Rookie Reprint Relics #BBRRAD Andre Dawson Bat

2002 Upper Deck Vintage Special Collection Game Jersey #SAD Andre Dawson Pants
2003 Topps Retired Signature Autographs #AD Andre Dawson D
2004 Diamond Kings Heritage Collection Jerseys #HC6 Andre Dawson/25

2004 Donruss Classics Legendary Lumberjacks Material #12 Andre Dawson/100
2004 Donruss Classics Team Colors Jersey #46 Andre Dawson Cubs/25
2013 Topps Tribute Transitions Relics #AD Andre Dawson

The last name on the randomized list I compiled of players that I collect is Early Wynn. Wynn dropped out of high school at the age of 17 to sign with the Washington Senators. He led the AL in Wins twice, Strikeouts twice and ERA once on his way to winning a Cy Young Award and nine All-star selections in his career and wound up with exactly 300 wins. I currently have 78 different Beckett recognized cards of Early including these nine.

1955 Bowman #38 Early Wynn
1957 Topps #40 Early Wynn
1958 Topps #100A Early Wynn

1959 Topps #260 Early Wynn UER
1960 Topps #1 Early Wynn
1961 Topps #337 Al's Aces/Early Wynn/Al Lopez/Herb Score (Pictured here with teammate Herb Score and Hall of Fame manager Al Lopez.)

1961 Topps #455 Early Wynn
1962 Topps #385 Early Wynn
1983 Topps 1952 Reprint #277 Early Wynn

Well, I've shown you glimpses into 161 of my different player collections over the course of this thread. That's one short of 162 which is how many games are in a normal baseball season. There are a lot of players that I collect that I don't have many cards of. Today I will start through the alphabetical list of all the players that I collect and display one card of each from my collection. I will throw in some of my collection stats as to how many cards I have of each player plus list the number of rookie cards, autographed cards, memorabilia cards and serial numbered cards of each. My goal is to get at least one auto and one memorabilia card of each player. (Insert LOL) Let's start at the beginning.

1968 Topps #370 Hank Aaron AS (HOF player inducted in 1982. I have 474 different cards including 1 memorabilia card and 8 serial numbered cards.)
2019 Topps Chrome Update Pink Refractors #81 Ronald Acuna Jr. AS (Current player. 73 cards including 3 different rookie cards.)
1960 Fleer #5 Grover C. Alexander (HOF pitcher inducted in 1938. 59 cards.)

2003 SP Legendary Cuts Etched in Time 400 #ME Mel Allen (HOF broadcaster inducted in 1978. 3 cards including 2 serial numbered.)
2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Red Materials #114 Roberto Alomar Bat/250 (HOF player inducted in 2011. 1,165 cards including 5 rookie cards, 1 autograph, 18 memorabilia cards and 39 serial numbered cards.)
1956 Topps #8 Walter Alston MG RC (HOF manager inducted in 1983. 38 cards including 1 rookie card, 1 memorabilia card and 1 serial numbered card.)

2013 Panini Prizm Prizms Red Pulsar #113 Jose Altuve (Current player. 382 cards including 1 rookie card, 1 memorabilia card and 17 serial numbered cards.)
2012 Panini Cooperstown Crystal Collection #93 Sparky Anderson (HOF manager inducted in 2000. 96 cards including 1 rookie card, 2 autographs, 1 memorabilia and 4 serial numbered cards.)
2013 Panini Cooperstown Lumberjacks #2 Cap Anson (HOF player inducted in 1939. 31 cards including 1 serial numbered card.)

2001 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Lumber #LLA Luis Aparicio (HOF player inducted in 1984. 205 cards including 1 rookie card, 1 autograph, 3 memorabilia and 17 serial numbered cards.)
2015 Panini Cooperstown Names of the Game #26 Luke Appling (HOF player inducted in 1964. 63 cards including 1 memorabilia and 11 serial numbered cards.)
1962 Post #186 Richie Ashburn (HOF player inducted in 1995. 100 cards including 12 serial numbered.)

2006 Greats of the Game Decade Greats #EA Earl Averill (HOF player inducted in 1975. 35 cards.)
2004 Reflections #193 Jeff Bagwell Jsy L2 (HOF player inducted in 2017. 1,705 cards including 10 different rookie cards, 2 autographs, 19 memorabilia and 86 serial numbered cards.)
2016 Stadium Club Autographs #SCAHB Harold Baines (HOF player inducted in 2019. 264 cards including 2 rookie cards, 1 autograph, 2 memorabilia and 4 serial numbered cards.)

2012 Panini Cooperstown #154 Home Run Baker SP (HOF player inducted in 1955. 31 cards including 1 serial numbered.)
2015 Panini Cooperstown Names of the Game #8 Dave Bancroft
(HOF player inducted in 1971. 19 cards including 1 memorabilia card.)
1993 Nabisco All-Star Autographs #1 Ernie Banks
(HOF player inducted in 1977. 361 cards including 2 autographs, 3 memorabilia and 25 serial numbered cards.)

2012 Panini Cooperstown Voices of Summer #5 Red Barber (HOF broadcaster inducted in 1978. 1 card.)
2003 SP Legendary Cuts Etched in Time 300 #AB Al Barlick (HOF umpire inducted in 1989. 7 cards including 3 serial numbered.)
1995 Conlon TSN #1394 Ed Barrow (HOF Manager and executive inducted in 1953. 4 cards.)

2013 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions #157 Jake Beckley SP (HOF player inducted in 1971. 6 cards including 1 serial numbered.)
2001 Topps Chrome What Could Have Been #WCB4 James Bell (HOF player inducted in 1974. 28 cards including 1 serial numbered.)
2001 Topps Gold Label Class 3 Gold #1 Adrian Beltre (Retired player. 509 cards including 1 rookie card, 5 memorabilia and 13 serial numbered.)

2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Game Bat #BJB Johnny Bench DP (HOF player inducted in 1989. 496 cards including 1 rookie card, 1 autograph, 9 memorabilia and 39 serial numbered cards.)
2013 Panini Cooperstown Lumberjacks #99 Chief Bender (HOF pitcher inducted in 1953. 25 cards including 1 serial numbered.)

2003 SP Legendary Cuts Historic Swatches #YB Yogi Berra Jsy/300 (HOF player inducted in 1972. 346 cards including 1 autograph, 2 memorabilia and 17 serial numbered cards.)