`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.77 Average
Zeprock Collection

RE: Zeprock Collection
Those 2020 UTZ cards are better looking than the base Topps set!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I wonder if the sharks hang out in the chip & dip aisle waiting for these to be unloaded, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:I wonder if the sharks hang out in the chip & dip aisle waiting for these to be unloaded, LOL
They were probably waiting there anyway even before there were cards in them since that is more than likely a major component of their diets.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I was busy collecting Kershaw and Verlander for current pitchers and it took me a couple of years to realize that I should probably be collecting Max Scherzer too if I'm collecting players that I predict may go to the Hall one day. The man with one brown eye and one blue eye, something I've only seen before with David Bowie and my neighbor's dog, has racked up three Cy Young Awards and a couple no-hitters as well as leading his league in victories four times and strikeouts three times. Now he's finally got a World Championship on his resume. I'm pretty sure he's going to end up in the Hall. I currently have 322 Beckett recognized cards of "Mad Max". Here are nine from my collection.

2008 Topps Heritage Rookie Performers #RP9 Max Scherzer
2008 Upper Deck Goudey #6 Max Scherzer RC (Featuring a lower left corner cameo from The Kid.)
2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Framed Mini Relics #MSZ Max Scherzer

2014 Topps Museum Collection Primary Pieces Quad Relics #PPQRMS Max Scherzer
2014 Topps Trajectory Relics #TRMS Max Scherzer S2
2016 Topps Opening Day Toys R Us Purple Foil #OD67 Max Scherzer

2016 Topps Update All-Star Stitches #ASTITMSC Max Scherzer
2019 Topps Allen and Ginter Rip Cards Mini #381 Max Scherzer
(I just picked this one up from duck6700j back in July.)
2019 Topps Inception Magenta #2 Max Scherzer
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

I had two life-changing events in 1983. I married a girl from Front Royal, Virginia and I put a downpayment on 22 acres of land in Lucerne, Maine. My land had the main highway to Downeast Maine on one side, a very nice golf course on a second side, Phillips Lake on a third side and woods on the fourth side. My goal was to build my own house right smack in the middle of the property.

On the baseball card front, I still picked up all three sets that year along with Topps first boxed Traded set and a complete set of 1952 Topps Reprints. A trio of future Hall of Famers made their cardboard debut that year and some of their rookie cards are pictured in this group of nine cards from my collection all from 1983.

1983 Donruss #598 Tony Gwynn RC
1983 Fleer #507 Ryne Sandberg RC UER
1983 Topps #83 Ryne Sandberg RC

1983 Topps #482 Tony Gwynn RC
1983 Topps #498 Wade Boggs RC
1983 Topps 1952 Reprint #261 Willie Mays (I still have this complete set in the box it came in with a $25 price sticker on it. This Mays card alone is worth that today.)

1983 Topps 1952 Reprint #311 Mickey Mantle (I've accepted the fact that I will never own the original but this one is a pretty nice substitute.)
1983 Topps 1952 Reprint #312 Jackie Robinson
1983 Topps Traded #108T Darryl Strawberry XRC (So much potential. Such a waste of talent.)

Nice looking Scherzers! Wish we still had him, lol.

A third current player in a row that I collect came up on the randomizer. Evan Longoria began his career with an All-star selection, a Rookie of the Year Award and a trip to the World Series. The following year he was an All-star again, won a Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger. Since then he's kind of settled into just being a really good ballplayer and I'm thinking he may not make it to the Hall of Fame. I'm not yet ready to abandon my collection of Evan so here are nine cards from my collection of 624 Beckett recognized cards of him.

2006 Bowman Heritage Prospects #76 Evan Longoria
2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Future's Game Prospects Refractors #BDPP99 Evan Longoria
2009 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Relics #EL Evan Longoria HN

2012 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics #EL Evan Longoria
2012 Topps Golden Moments Relics #EL Evan Longoria S2/With bat
2013 Topps Chasing History Relics #EL Evan Longoria

2013 Topps Heritage #439 Evan Longoria SP
2014 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics #FSREL Evan Longoria A
2015 Topps Tribute Relics Green #TREL Evan Longoria

A couple posts ago I showed you my 1983 Topps 1952 Reprint Mickey Mantle and mentioned that although I've made peace with the fact that I'll never own the original, it is a nice substitute. Well, today I'm posting up nine more replicas of that iconic 1952 card. I have more but here are nine from my collection. Since the fronts are very similar, I will also give you a peek at the backs.

1988 Baseball Card Magazine #311 Mickey Mantle (This repli-card was cut from the pages of Baseball Card Magazine.)

1996 Topps Mantle #2 Mickey Mantle/1952 Topps (Inserted in packs of 1996 cards were these inserts that Topps produced replicating all of Mickey's original Topps cards in commemoration of Mickey who passed away the previous year.)

1996 Topps Mantle Finest #2 Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps (The Finest version of the preceding card inserted into packs of 1996 Topps.)

1996 Topps Mantle Redemption #2 Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps (This was a rare pull of a redemption card from a pack of 1996 Topps. Filling out the back of this card and mailing it in made one eligible to win the card depicted on the front. Topps gave away one original 1952 Mantle card. I didn't win it, but then again, I didn't send this in. This is the most valuable of all of my '52 Mantle reprints.)

2006 Topps '52 #311C Mickey Mantle Green (This set was 100% rookies with the exception of Mantle. The Mantle card was issued in six different colors. I have the black, this green and the red but am still missing the blue, orange and yellow versions.)

2007 Topps '52 #7 Mickey Mantle (Topps came back with another '52 set in 2007 and this is the Mantle card from that set. There is also a black back version which I do not own.)

2008 Topps Factory Set Mickey Mantle Blue #MMR52 Mickey Mantle 52T (This Chrome card came as a bonus in the 2008 Topps Factory set.)

2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Threw Out #CMT1 Mickey Mantle 52 (This is an insert from 2010 Topps. I think this was one of the first sets that Topps started annually putting out that replicated their previously released cards. I still need the Original Back version of this card.)

2010 Yankees Topps 27 World Championships #15 Mickey Mantle/1952 Topps (This is from a 27-card box set commemorating the Yankees 27 World Championships.)

Nice decision to start picking up Scherzer cards. I thiink he has a good chance to go to the HOF if he continues on the pace he's been on. 

As for 1983s, I found the Strawberry card in a collection I picked up not too long ago. I didn't realize it was worth like $25-$30. Made about 10% of my money back on that 1 card. Wish I would've kept it, but it's worth more than I think it should be/will be in the future. So I sold it. 

Also like the look of the Mantles. Picked up a couple out of the 1996 (I think) set where they had the gold stamp at the top and had various years. They've gone into my HOFer/retired star box under his category.

That 52 Mantle reprint-retrospective was fun! By scanning the fronts and backs you’ve created a very nice and useful visual guide! Thanks for putting them up!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.