`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help organizing my cards in binders

Help organizing my cards in binders
I recently started collecting 2016-present Chicago Cubs Topps - series 1, 2 and update, Chrome and Update, Stadium Club, Allen and Ginter, Now and Walmart Holiday cards. I want to organize my collection by year and then by player BUT, for a given year, should I combine all the sets or separate them by out?? Also, has anyone had issues storing binders flat?
Collecting Chicago Cubs Topps 2016-present - Series 1, 2, Update, Chrome, Stadium Club and Allen & Ginter.

RE: Help organizing my cards in binders
I have player collections that are in 3-ring binders by year order but any cards over $5 are in toploader boxes. All my binders are stored standing up so not sure what might happen if stored flat.

I also have product sets in order of card #. Either way works well to be able to find specific cards later.

Thanks for the response. Im wondering if it makes more sense to combine for example, the Allen and Ginter cards with the base set to keep each player together or keep them separate since they are different sets. I read somewhere the foil cards stick to pages if binders are stored flat. Im not going to keep cards numbered 25 or less in binders.
Collecting Chicago Cubs Topps 2016-present - Series 1, 2, Update, Chrome, Stadium Club and Allen & Ginter.

I have all my Giants cards in binders, separated by year and manufacturer. If there a lot of parallels then I have 1 player per page and add the parallels as I get them. My binders are large (4") and I lay them flat and in a binder sleeve to keep the dust down and protect the binders.
If you go to this forum from 3 years ago I have pictures

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-16...ht=binders

Hope this helps

I'm a player collector and store my collections in binders with cards arranged chronologically then alphabetically. The cards in my Paul Molitor collection for example are arranged first by year (say 1994) by Collector's Choice then Donruss, Fleer, Leaf, Pinnacle, Score, Stadium Club, Topps, Ultra, Upper Deck. Oddball cards mixed in between the major brands for example, Post Cereal in between Pinnacle and Score, King-B Discs between Fleer and Leaf, etc. Then I start over with year 1995 and so forth. Because I have hundreds of cards of each player, I have multiple binders for each player with cards less than $3 in one binder and cards $3+ in another binder. There are no fast rules so set your collection up however you want it.

Unless you have binder boxes like Bonds 20001, I would recommend storing your binders standing up and not flat. Your cards are more apt to stick to the pages if they are flat.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I really want to know if you think its best to keep the chrome set separate from the base set. The cards have a similar look, so they look good together, but then you lose the integrity of each set. I know its personal opinion, but Im curious what others think.

Everything I PC goes into a top loader or mag. Those are then organized by sport (baseball or basketball) and by player last name. Everything else is in penny sleeves (or top loader) and are in the 2-sided shoe boxes I buy from my LCS. Those are organized by year and set and card number.

I do that because if someone says "do you have any of XXX" I can go to my ORG, search, and know which shoe boxes to open and know where in the set the player is.

I only put odd sized cards in binders because over time, the bottom right corner of a 9 pocket page will start to bend.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(01-12-2020, 10:51 AM)JoeRN14 Wrote: I really want to know if you think its best to keep the chrome set separate from the base set. The cards have a similar look, so they look good together, but then you lose the integrity of each set. I know its personal opinion, but Im curious what others think.
I have the Chromes as their own set..unless they are parallels of the base set, then the cards are added to the player page.

Also, all cards have a penny sleeve before going into the binder

All of you hyper-organizer card collectors really make me sick. Smile My stuff is in a pile over there, another pile over there, some 2 piece card cubes (they hold 25/50/100/150/200/250) that stack over there, some shoe boxes for mag holders over there. Some of the plastic 2-piece cubes are player specific, some have small 150 card sets ...there's really very little organization and finding a card for trade purposes take me way too long, hence the few trades (sorry RJ still looking for Matt Williams) ... anyway, it will take too long to fix it so it kinda just continues to grow out of control, which is another reason to stop buying quantity of cards or attempting to build sets.
So seriously, a tip of my Yankee cap to all of you organized people! I hope someday (when I grow up) to be just like you Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.