`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do some people have such attitude?

Why do some people have such attitude?
I made a trade with a relatively new person on this site (less than 50 trades) in which I sent them 3 times the value I requested in return. Two weeks go by and no card from them. So, I suggest that they did not put enough postage on my shipment. They denied that.

A week later they messaged me that my card did indeed come back to them postage due so they apologized and said they would ship out the card again.

That was another 2 weeks ago, so I sent a PM that this is getting a bit ridiculous waiting this long for 1 card.

Their response: "Class act as usual. Stupid Soto is on its way to you. Enjoy"

What??!

Am I opinionated? Sure. Do I joke around on this site? Yes. Do I want to retaliate for his attitude about me? You betcha! Also, barely 1/2 of his trades are rated because he does not rate the trade he receives...even though he got my cards in good shape really quick. I always think people do that so they have leverage in case the other person gives a poor rating.

I hope the rest of you get much better trades and reactions...I will just avoid that person from now on and stick with the long list of great traders on this site.

RE: Why do some people have such attitude?
Sorry to hear that Soto is stupid. I never would've guessed. Do you suppose it's because he mimicked Bregman and took his bat to first base with him?

All kidding aside, sorry to hear of your trading partner's lack of etiquette and respect. I've been pretty fortunate trading on this site and have only had a couple of issues with attitude in almost 600 trades.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Definitely a bummer. Im happy to say Ive had no issues at all with anyone Ive traded with on here.

Update: He got upset because he said I talked down to him as if he were a child. Never intended that. Oh, well. This is why I have never been on Facebook...hahaha

People are so easily butthurt these days. Completing a trade takes literally 10 minutes of your life, at max, especially if you have a stamps.com account where you can do all your postage at home.

I read somewhere several years ago that if you can complete a task in under 20 minutes, never put it off, just do it. So when someone completes a trade and I see the email, as soon as I'm home it's one of the first things I do. It takes a few minutes, sure, but it's better than having to be hounded by someone because I'm being lazy.

Sounds to me like he needs to either stop trading or learn better time management skills

Update: I asked about the card being mailed as promised and he called me a bully and a child. So, I left negative feedback and then he retaliated with negative feedback even though he got great cards from me in great timing and a 3 to 1 trade in his favor. 5 weeks and yet no card from him.

Member on member crime is never a good thing.

Hang in there!

Crap. I am waiting on a package from him. I have traded with him a few other times and had no problems. Hopefully everything will work out. Maybe he has something else going on that we don't know about.

For what it's worth I really enjoy trading with you Kerry.

(01-09-2020, 12:11 PM)akaus Wrote: Crap. I am waiting on a package from him. I have traded with him a few other times and had no problems. Hopefully everything will work out. Maybe he has something else going on that we don't know about.

For what it's worth I really enjoy trading with you Kerry.
Thanks, Adam. I knew I wasn't a bully...LOL.

(01-09-2020, 12:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks, Adam. I knew I wasn't a bully...LOL.
Far from it, sir ... you are one of the more (if not the most) generous member here.