`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1988 Topps Big #179 McGwire error card?

1988 Topps Big #179 McGwire error card?
Has anyone ever heard of the 1988 Topps Big #179 Card - Mark McGwire having a blank(white) back? I have 2 cards, one has stats on the back and the other is blank. I have scoured the internet and can find no mention of this anomaly. Thank you for any information you can provide!

RE: 1988 Topps Big #179 McGwire error card?
It was not uncommon for Topps to let "blank backs" slip through the production line especially during the late 1980s when everything was being overproduced. Basically they are flawed cards that missed a step in the printing process so there is no inherent value attached to them and they are not recognized by card databases. They are not normally sought after unless someone collects that specific player. I am a player collector and have several in my collection.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: 1988 Topps Big #179 McGwire error card?
(01-07-2020, 03:25 PM)zeprock Wrote: It was not uncommon for Topps to let "blank backs" slip through the production line especially during the late 1980s when everything was being overproduced. Basically they are flawed cards that missed a step in the printing process so there is no inherent value attached to them and they are not recognized by card databases. They are not normally sought after unless someone collects that specific player. I am a player collector and have several in my collection.
Thanks for your insight! I have attached some pictures in case anyone is interested.