`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Happy New Year! Time for new resolutions!
01-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Happy New Year! Time for new resolutions!
I can't believe I missed a couple years, I couldn't find threads anywhere, so I must have forgotten? Anyways, we are back on track heading into the new decade! What are your collecting goals this year?

My goals:
Hit 36 Super Bowl MVP cards (at 26 right now). Why 36? It will fill my display case Smile
Add 8 Patented Penmanship 2016 PrIzm cards. I'm at 12/40. Crazy hard to find! And pricey!
1 Aaron Rodgers/Jordy Nelson Autograph card
Finish the 2019 Prizm Draft Pick badger rainbows
Continue picking up rare J.J Watt, Burfict, Kuhn, and Johnathan Franklin cards.
And figure out the picture sharing deal!!!! lol.

What do you guys want to accomplish?

Packers:Rodgers/ Nelson combo cards
SB MVPs
Prizm Patented Penmanship autos 2016 (9/40)
Burfict Plates and rainbows
John Kuhn
Nick Collins
Chasers:
A. Rodgers Chrome blue 2006
A. Rodgers Playoff 2016 parallels
https://sportscardalbum.com/u/savagenate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2020, 09:38 AM
RE: Happy New Year! Time for new resolutions!
You've got a good list there! No set building, but pretty good Smile. For me, here's what I'm looking to do:

1. Complete 1996 Finest set (1 card away)
2. Add 10-15 more 1999 Finest Gold Refractors, 1+ Prominent Figures, and 1+ Team Finest Red/Gold Refractor
3. Complete 3 base Finest sets from 2001-2009
4. Complete 1 full base Finest set (including SPs) from 2001-2009
5. Scan 1995 base set for my website
6. Setup pages for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007 for my website
7. Complete another Finest Refractor set
8. Complete 2010 Finest Xfractor set (4 cards away)

2000 Absolute Leather & Laces | Blog | 1999 Finest
01-03-2020, 02:33 PM
(01-03-2020 09:38 AM)jplarson Wrote:  You've got a good list there! No set building, but pretty good Smile. For me, here's what I'm looking to do:

1. Complete 1996 Finest set (1 card away)
2. Add 10-15 more 1999 Finest Gold Refractors, 1+ Prominent Figures, and 1+ Team Finest Red/Gold Refractor
3. Complete 3 base Finest sets from 2001-2009
4. Complete 1 full base Finest set (including SPs) from 2001-2009
5. Scan 1995 base set for my website
6. Setup pages for 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007 for my website
7. Complete another Finest Refractor set
8. Complete 2010 Finest Xfractor set (4 cards away)

Haha, set building isn't really my thing, though I do have 2 years of Topps Valor base sets in process. I should try finishing those too Smile
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Are those refractors hard to find? How about the Prominent Figures?

SB MVPs
John Kuhn
Nick Collins
Chasers:
01-03-2020, 05:22 PM
(01-03-2020 02:33 PM)savagenate Wrote:  Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Are those refractors hard to find? How about the Prominent Figures?

Prominent Figures are very difficult now. The 60 card set is broken down into 6 groups of 10. The cards are serial numbered out of NFL records at the time for single season passing, rushing, and receiving yardage, and passing, rushing, and receiving TDs.

Refractors are fairly easy to pick up off of sportlots or comc, though Brady makes it really pricy to do. For harder to find ones I'll cast my net deeper into eBay or even Beckett's marketplace, though shipping costs and stagnant pricing (respectively) keep me away from those usually. Ebay is the best choice for harder to find cards though.
01-07-2020, 05:30 PM
I guess mine would be to be more selective about what I buy on the retail side and realize that I don't need "every" RC of the main guys every year.

I was actually doing really well with that this past year overall until my father-in-law got sick with brain cancer this fall.

I slipped into some old habits and am now stuck with a bunch of cards nobody wants.

So I'm looking forward to getting back to enjoying the occasional jumbo or blaster rather than the $100+ blowouts.
01-10-2020, 02:12 PM
(01-07-2020 05:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote:  I guess mine would be to be more selective about what I buy on the retail side and realize that I don't need "every" RC of the main guys every year.

I was actually doing really well with that this past year overall until my father-in-law got sick with brain cancer this fall.

I slipped into some old habits and am now stuck with a bunch of cards nobody wants.

So I'm looking forward to getting back to enjoying the occasional jumbo or blaster rather than the $100+ blowouts.

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law! It's tough to avoid opening boxes...it's dang fun! Even though it's usually crap lol. I've seen some crazy cards come out of blasters and jumbo packs this year though. None personally, but people I know...so who knows!

SB MVPs
John Kuhn
Nick Collins
Chasers: