Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for Last 3 Changing Stripes Donruss Inserts

Looking for Last 3 Changing Stripes Donruss Inserts
Friends,

I busted some of the new 2019-20 Donruss retail basketball over the holidays and am now 3 cards short of a complete set of the Changing Stripes inserts.

I still need:

Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
Kemba Walker

I have an extra Al Horford if anyone else is chasing the set.

If you have any or all of these, I will trade in your favor, including Zion RCs.

PM me, thank you!

RJ

RE: Looking for Last 3 Changing Stripes Donruss Inserts
Randy, I have a Kawhi.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

Update ... I made a trade for the Kawhi and pulled a Paul George out of a blaster last night.

So now I'm only missing the following:

No. 2 - Kemba Walker

If anyone has it for trade I am definitely willing to overpay to complete the set.

PM me, thanks!

RJ

$1.49 plus $1 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-20-Donruss...6003e43a79

(01-07-2020, 09:54 AM)btrav13 Wrote: $1.49 plus $1 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-20-Donruss...6003e43a79
Thanks man ... I'm going to try to trade for one for a bit until I break down and buy one, LOL

Yea I was just morbidly curious on how much one would set you back. Less than the cost of shipping for a trade sounded good, but when I see $1 shipping I know it's going in a plain white envelope with a stamp

(01-07-2020, 06:36 PM)btrav13 Wrote: Yea I was just morbidly curious on how much one would set you back. Less than the cost of shipping for a trade sounded good, but when I see $1 shipping I know it's going in a plain white envelope with a stamp
It's one of those things, I didn't necessarily plan on collecting the set and didn't even know it existed until I pulled the Jimmy Butler card.

Then I did some research, found out there were only 10 cards and realized I had seven of them, and then of course had to have the other three, LOL

Last year the first retail cards of the players in their new uniforms didn't come out until the All-Star break, so to have these a solid month and a half to two months earlier on the retail side is a pretty big deal.

The design is not the greatest in my opinion but I really like the concept ... having the "update" cards as a chase insert is a pretty clever way to hook suckers like me, LOL

(01-08-2020, 10:14 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's one of those things, I didn't necessarily plan on collecting the set and didn't even know it existed until I pulled the Jimmy Butler card.

Then I did some research, found out there were only 10 cards and realized I had seven of them, and then of course had to have the other three, LOL

Last year the first retail cards of the players in their new uniforms didn't come out until the All-Star break, so to have these a solid month and a half to two months earlier on the retail side is a pretty big deal.

The design is not the greatest in my opinion but I really like the concept ... having the "update" cards as a chase insert is a pretty clever way to hook suckers like me, LOL
And it's a fun side project that also won't break your bank in terms of getting it completed. I like the idea. In Finest baseball this year they had a 10 card die-cut set of Mariano Rivera and they were cheap and easy to get. So I did all 10 of them and I think in sum total I spent $12 on ebay.

(01-09-2020, 09:55 AM)btrav13 Wrote: And it's a fun side project that also won't break your bank in terms of getting it completed. I like the idea. In Finest baseball this year they had a 10 card die-cut set of Mariano Rivera and they were cheap and easy to get. So I did all 10 of them and I think in sum total I spent $12 on ebay.
Yep ... I always like the photos of the players in their new uniforms, it keeps my PC "current" ... and I'm always a sucker for the media day/press conference still shots because it's the only time they won't be pictured in action shots with their new team.

I bought four more jumbos last night and pulled a Paul George dupe.

I also pulled a red laser parallel/99 of the Great Expectations insert of a New Orleans rookie named ... wait for it ... Jaxson Hayes.

I'm now at that point in the collecting season where I'm pulling all New Orleans rookie stuff (jerseys, parallels, inserts) of Hayes and the other guy, Alexander-Walker ... but no Zion.

(01-09-2020, 10:44 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep ... I always like the photos of the players in their new uniforms, it keeps my PC "current" ... and I'm always a sucker for the media day/press conference still shots because it's the only time they won't be pictured in action shots with their new team.

I bought four more jumbos last night and pulled a Paul George dupe.

I also pulled a red laser parallel/99 of the Great Expectations insert of a New Orleans rookie named ... wait for it ... Jaxson Hayes.

I'm now at that point in the collecting season where I'm pulling all New Orleans rookie stuff (jerseys, parallels, inserts) of Hayes and the other guy, Alexander-Walker ... but no Zion.
Since we can't ever know for sure, I wonder if they short out the high end draft guys to keep people buying. Using a small number for example: let's say they created 100,000 cards of guys like KD, LeBron, etc. Then for rookies they make 100,000 of everyone picked after pick 10 in the draft. Then they create 45,000 copies of Zion. They know they're just going to have to trash a bunch of vet base, but you've got enough to keep it on the shelf and keep people hunting.