`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2018 Absolute Iconic Ink Dual redeemed!

2018 Absolute Iconic Ink Dual redeemed!
Back in November 2018 I was fortunately enough to hit on a redemption for a 2018 Panini Absolute Iconic Ink Duals #/20 of Brett Favre/Mike Holmgren. As a Bears fan it's like, ouch. But I'm also a football fan in general and I live in Wisconsin so I'd really like to have this card. What are the odds it ever gets fulfilled and is it even worth rolling the dice on unknown replacements? I can't even imagine a Chicago equivalent to this card I'd want.

Update: It's been redeemed, shipped, and in hand! See page 2 for the scan.

RE: Will Panini fill this redemption?
Has the redemption period expired? I have heard that Panini is pretty good about filling expired redemptions. I would send it in and wait. I would not ask for a replacement. In fact, I would give them my address so you don't have to worry about it showing up or not. Sounds like a sweet card.

(12-23-2019, 04:24 PM)akaus Wrote: Has the redemption period expired?
Nah, I redeemed last year. It's been over 13 months of waiting, Amusingly I follow recent successes on SCF for TTM autographs and both Favre and Holmgren have signed.

I would keep waiting. You wouldn't get a good enough replacement. I wouldn't think either one would be that busy where they couldn't sign 20 cards.

Holy Mackerall! Defininetly wait awhile yet, that would be a bombshell of a card! I wouldn't ask for a replacement unless they show you what you'd get first.

I would probably keep waiting unless they let you pick your replacement and give you the choice of several things that are extremely good

Agreed.

They fulfill expired redemptions ... I once got one of those repack boxes at Target where they have like eight random packs of cards.

One of the packs was a 2010-11 Donruss pack with a slit down the side of the pack ... I was like great, a pack searcher's delight, LOL

But it actually had a redemption for a Kobe Bryant auto card that expired like two years earlier.

In a panic I contacted Panini to see if they would honor it and they did ... I got it like a week later.

if it's been 13 months, I would shoot them an email, asking for an update.
Also, if you ever go to Nationals (the convention), you can ask them about it, and they should give you something for the wait. I went this summer, and asked about 3 redemptions that I had been waiting half a year on. I just wanted info. They said 2 they had received and were actually in the process of being updatign with shipping info, the other they still hadn't gotten in yet. They offered me something to make up for the wait. I asked for an auto white box, and they declined that (understandable, actually). But, they did give me a box of Elements, and I got a PC card out of it.

Basically, I've heard of people having bad luck emailing them, but if you manage to talk to them in person, they'll hook you up and actually be nice and do what they can for you.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

i waited 3 years for a chris johnson jersey auto, been waiting two years for Taywan taylor contenders rookie.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

I waited over 2 and a half years for a Topps Strata rookie auto that wasn't fulfilled until the dude was already out of the NFL. Just stick it out. That is a card you don't want to leave it Topps to replace.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona