Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Other Rainbow Project...

My Other Rainbow Project...
Hey Gang!

So my Fletcher Rainbow is slowly coming around. The addition of the Sapphire's and Mini's bring the total needed to complete to 72, of which I have 45 & a lead on a few more. Will be slow-going from here on out and will post an update at some point.

This brings me to my current tangent(?) project... I was a little bummed my boy wasn't included in the Update Set but still wanted to crack some packs. Well, first pack in - US189 Pacific Power, there's Fletch (with a couple other guys...)!
[Image: Px3zcNxl.jpg]

Awesome, now I've gotta chase this thing or RJ will not let me live it down... So I begin to check the usual places to see what's out there and to my surprise, it went pretty quick. Not sure if it's because its Update and people were ripping a lot OR, if it were for the guys the card is really about. Either way, here is my Fletcher Rainbow 2.0:
[Image: kVThBsoh.jpg]

And if you don't want to zoom in and all that jazz:

via GIPHY

Not as many parallels for this one, i.e. no Adv Stats, Clear, etc... SO, as far as I know I only needed 16 to clear this one up and I am only 2 away - the Platinum and the Black PP. Truth be told, I'd take the Black PP over the Platinum any day to hold all 4 of those...

Circling back, they did mention Fletch on the back of the card so, I guess this justifies this mild obsession.....
[Image: 1IsHPrZl.jpg]

If you've made it this far, thanks! You guys (& gals) are great, have an awesome xmas!!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

RE: My Other Rainbow Project...
Good job keeping yourself busy and out of trouble! Stuff like this makes the hobby fun and interesting.

WOW Brother!! That is TOO cool! I liked the enlarged image deal a bunch, what a cool way to appreciate all the flavors that make the card! I'm new, my name is Alex, just wanted to introduce myself to you and all the other distinguished members of this forum. I've been reading all of your posts only making a dumb joke here or there but never saying "Hi" So "Hi" to all, I appreciate all your insight thru all the different posts. Sorry to babble on your thread, but REALLY blown away with your post. The most of a completed one that I have is 5. I'll shut up now...God Bless...

I'm going to do a rainbow at some point, but only because I've seen yours and that looks like a hella fun side project.

My current one is getting as many of the Steve Kerr 2018-29 Golden Vintage Auto /79. My 35th one mailed this past Friday. My main curiosity is "how many are still out there in the world in unopened packs".

Very good, sir!

"Fletch offers his congratulations" LOL

Hey Flamethrower, I'm working on a bunch of rainbows right now, not necessarily my favorite players, but, when I can get a high dollar parallel like Black, Blue, Pink, Camo I'll pick them up and build around the big card. It's fun but maddening! I wanted to ask you, an expert, how you find stuff like printing plates, potentially platinums, other1/1s etc, I have combed ebay AND the beckett marketplace and I short on a bunch. I wish I had someone to trade with, I got back into the hobby around 5 years ago and have been flying solo ever since. Oh, sorry, 1 more thing, I'm not much of a Panini fan but I ended up with some prizms and have a purple prizm #107 Fletcher for you. Call it a Christmas present. PM me with your addy if you want it. Free of charge