`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Vintage Almanac vs. Beckett Vintage Collector

Beckett Vintage Almanac vs. Beckett Vintage Collector
Okay, I've got a question. I've got the yearly Beckett Almanac as well as the monthly Vintage Collector magazine. Are they the same things when it comes to pricing vintage?

The reason I ask is because my Almanac is from 2015, and the prices are different from the Vintage Collector, which is from the last month or so.

I know a lot of people don't use BV, but I typically price my cards off those prices to have a baseline when trying to list to sell online, at shows, etc. I typically try to list/sell them at 25% of BV. So that's why I'm needing the values. Again, I just use it as a baseline. But I'm curious if the prices are the same in both. Thanks.

RE: Beckett Vintage Almanac vs. Beckett Vintage Collector
The Almanac comes out yearly, while the Vintage Collector comes out every other month. While vintage pricing doesn't change as often as modern card pricing, the values do change. Over the last 5 years there has been quite a bit of changes for vintage, thus the reason for the difference between the magazine and Almanac.
Essentially the Almanac pricing is the same as the magazine for the month that the Almanac comes out. One other thing to consider is that the pricing in the Almanac may be based on a different base line condition that the magazine bases things off. I don't remember what the baseline is for each, but I know it's not always the same (as some years are priced at NM-MT, and others simply at NM). If you're just doing it for shows the Almanac should be fine, just get a more recent one.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/