`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Garrett values

RE: Myles Garrett values
Fran Tarkenton said that often he was poked in the eye, spit on, kneed in the crotch or elbowed to the neck after being sacked. Those days are supposed to be behind us but I also don't like flag or touch football.

I think that the scrutinizing of today's defensive players may lead to more eruptions like Garrett's, as they are drafted to have a mindset to seek and destroy but are easily flagged in today's game.

Savagenate, thanks for catching my tears as many have been wasted in the past while being a Vikes fan.

(11-19-2019, 11:44 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well ... did you send the letter to Sharper?

Don't leave us hanging!
Sorry about that, I didn't. I couldn't stomach it.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(11-21-2019, 01:34 AM)y2hood Wrote: Sorry about that, I didn't. I couldn't stomach it.
Understandable. I have an OJ Simpson auto in my USC PC, I know how you feel.

I busted a Prizm blaster this morning and the first card in the first pack was Garrett, LOL

(11-16-2019, 10:03 PM)y2hood Wrote: Man.....I was putting together an autograph set for the Saints super bowl squad and started piecing together singles for through the mail stuff (for guys that don't have autos on the market). Then Sharper goes and gets busted for his horrible crimes, rightfully convicted, and I had a "man in the mirror" moment where I weighed if I could live with myself if I went the "write a prisoner" route for an auto.

I'd imagine I'm not an isolated person and that there will still be MG collectors after this incident. The football world seems to be universally disgusted by his actions with very few people defending him.
One of the main reasons I quit collecting football all together. It seems NFL players have more frequent and serious off the field incidents than all other sports combined.

Probably related to CTE, but some people, notice I didn't refer to them as players, are complete disasters of human beings.

How could anybody collect Antonio Brown?!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Back in the 90's when Deion Sanders was playing both NFL and MLB; Rickey Henderson gave this speech/rant that he could have easily played both sports and that he is the greatest athlete. He came off as such a ***** that his card values plummeted. His rookie went from $180 - $200 to $35 over the course of a year.

This is going to be the same. None of us has seen someone swing a helmet like that at an un-helmeted player. That's going to turn a lot of people off. Antonio Brown was at the top of the game, but he believed he was bigger then the game. he was wrong.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

(11-24-2019, 10:31 AM)Jquinn83 Wrote: Back in the 90's when Deion Sanders was playing both NFL and MLB; Rickey Henderson gave this speech/rant that he could have easily played both sports and that he is the greatest athlete. He came off as such a ***** that his card values plummeted. His rookie went from $180 - $200 to $35 over the course of a year.

This is going to be the same. None of us has seen someone swing a helmet like that at an un-helmeted player. That's going to turn a lot of people off. Antonio Brown was at the top of the game, but he believed he was bigger then the game. he was wrong.
I believe Rickey had a full ride football scholarship out of high school. He was probably right, and had no quams about letting us all know!

I don't remember his card values tanking since he was one of my favorite players...Big Grin
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars