`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Time to Show Your List: Tit for Tat Trading

RE: Tit for Tat Trading?
If anyone has a Mike Trout auto they don't want, I'm interested along with some other stuff.

(11-12-2019, 04:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I stopped collecting in 2007 for family reasons and started again in 2013. When I came back, everyone was talking about this Mike Trout guy in LA and I had no idea
I came back in 2011 and I kept getting Mike Trout and Mark Trumbo confused. Same team, same initials ... but once I saw the Yankees face off against the Angels, I learned (painfully so Smile ) the difference between the 2 MT's! (Hint: one was waaaaay better than the other Smile )
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I do think this is a interesting idea, but also agree that it is a potential nightmare in terms of the logistics.

Also I am sure we all have a few higher end auto's not marked for Trade, but that would still consider trading.

What if we just made a string like this, and all listed 5 higher end cards we would like to trade. We could then create a master list along with who the owner is, and then we can start the bartering from there. May be a 3 person swap, or a 4 person swap, who knows. We could keep it somewhat limited to the active trader community as well. I know for most of you, I wouldn't worry about fearing getting burned, because the majority of who's left and active are pretty stand up folks.

Interesting idea though! It seems like a lot of groups outside of Beckett have a lot more success trading that way these days, as opposed to the old searching through the organize.

(11-14-2019, 07:55 PM)rpeterson369 Wrote: I do think this is a interesting idea, but also agree that it is a potential nightmare in terms of the logistics.

Also I am sure we all have a few higher end auto's not marked for Trade, but that would still consider trading.

What if we just made a string like this, and all listed 5 higher end cards we would like to trade. We could then create a master list along with who the owner is, and then we can start the bartering from there. May be a 3 person swap, or a 4 person swap, who knows. We could keep it somewhat limited to the active trader community as well. I know for most of you, I wouldn't worry about fearing getting burned, because the majority of who's left and active are pretty stand up folks.

Interesting idea though! It seems like a lot of groups outside of Beckett have a lot more success trading that way these days, as opposed to the old searching through the organize.
Yeah, once we get started with a list we can see if things will fall into place. Not a lot of time wasted if it does not work out to put 3-5 cards out there.

(11-14-2019, 08:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, once we get started with a list we can see if things will fall into place. Not a lot of time wasted if it does not work out to put 3-5 cards out there.
I agree....no reason to not try. Keep me in mind when you decide to set something up. I'll go through my PC and see what I could toss out there.

I have a few I would consider trading.

RE: Time to Show Your List: Tit for Tat Trading
Here is what I have available:

2018 Elite Extra Edition Contenders College Tickets Signatures Gold #15 Nick Madrigal /10 ($80)
2018 Elite Extra Edition Contenders USA Collegiate Tickets Signatures #15 Adley Rutschman /99 ($250)
2018 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs Blue Refractors #CDAJJ Jeremiah Jackson/150 ($200)
2019 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #CPAAC Alexander Canario ($120)
2018 Elite Extra Edition Future Threads Silhouette Autographs #1 Fernando Tatis Jr./299 ($80)
2019 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Refractors #CPAGP Geraldo Perdomo ($80)

Waiting in the wings for the right card: 2018 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Orange Refractors #RARD Rafael Devers /25

What I want for replacement:

Any Kirby Puckett auto 1993-1996
Cody Bellinger auto
Juan Soto non-auto parallel /5 or /1
Ken Griffey auto (Mariners)
Ichiro Suzuki patch /10 or less (Mariners)
Luis Arraez auto /10 or less

So, once more of you make your list, we can start a bartering trade among several if a direct trade between two is not possible.

I could move

1. 2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs #CF Clint Frazier BV $100
2. 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini Autograph Gold Refractors #CMAOT Oscar Taveras BV $100
3. 2014 Bowman Sterling Die Cut Autographs Blue Refractors #SABB Byron Buxton BV $120
4. 2015 Bowman's Best Best of '15 Autographs Orange Refractors #B15KS Kyle Schwarber BV $200
5. 2011 Bowman Prospect Autographs #MM Manny Machado BV $120

Here are some I have available:
2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #147 Christian Yelich AU/815 BV $150
2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Autographs Black and White #GQARD Rafael Devers/50 BV $100
2013 Bowman Inception Rookie Autographs Blue #MM Manny Machado BV $100
2011 Bowman Platinum Prospect Autograph Refractors #BH Bryce Harper BV $250
2016 Topps Allen and Ginter Framed Mini Autographs #AGAKB Kris Bryant BV $200
2017 Topps Heritage Minors Real One Autographs #ROARA Ronald Acuna BV $300
2010 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs #190 Mike Stanton BV $150
2014 Bowman Inception Relic Autographs Pink #ARCC Carlos Correa BV $100
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

I would be willing to move these

2010 Topps Chrome Refractors #190 Mike Stanton
2015 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Blue Refractors #BCAPCBE Cody Bellinger
2015 Topps Heritage Chrome #THC725 Kris Bryant
2016 Bowman Inception Prospect Autographs #PAYM Yoan Moncada
2017 Topps '87 Topps Silver Pack Chrome #87AJ Aaron Judge
2017 Topps Heritage '68 Poster Boxloader #68PKS Kyle Schwarber HN
2018 Topps Five Star Silver Signatures Purple #FFSSSO Shohei Ohtani
2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Glassworks Box Topper Autographs #GWMT Mike Trout

Looking for Seattle Mariners and Hank Aaron cards to move any of these. I will not move any of these for a bunch of low end cards.
Seattle Mariners super collector
I also collect some Braves players

Top wants
1 Kyle Seager            571 different cards
2 Ken Griffey, Jr.        1,202 different cards
3 Felix Hernandez      772 different cards
4 Hank Aaron            388 different cards
5 Edgar Martinez       540 different cards