`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are My CARDS??

RE: Where Are My CARDS??
(11-04-2019, 08:25 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Well imagine my surprise this morning from Brad B at Beckett. He said they are aware of the situation, it is some sort of software malfunction, as of this morning the ETA on a resolve is within the next 48 hours. He left his 855 number and extension if I had any further questions.

I'll give him the 48 hours. Then I've got questions such as a prorated rebate for the malfunction days.
I am also having similar ORG issues so thank you for the update! I have gone through this 3 or 4 times before but never for this long. Luckily I only have 40 recently-traded cards that are currently in ORG limbo: can't access them and can't re-add them as they are supposedly already there.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(11-01-2019, 03:15 PM)zeprock Wrote: Unfortunately I believe it's a semi-recurring issue with Beckett. If you give it a day or two they should show up.
(11-04-2019, 08:25 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Well imagine my surprise this morning from Brad B at Beckett. He said they are aware of the situation, it is some sort of software malfunction, as of this morning the ETA on a resolve is within the next 48 hours. He left his 855 number and extension if I had any further questions.

I'll give him the 48 hours. Then I've got questions such as a prorated rebate for the malfunction days.
Got the same email ((from Stacey B. (whose mom has it going on)), Same 24-48 hour window. What ticked me off was at the bottom it showed:

Priority: Low

Cards are disappearing from a database that this company owns and maintains and that I pay $$ for each month and that constitutes a low priority? What's a high priority issue?

And no it's not closed until the situation is resolved.

*I MUST SEND FIRST*
Not interested in GU or AUTO - base, base, base!!!

Baseball - Whit Merrifield, Wil Myers, Yadier Molina
Football - Brady Quinn, Landry Jones, Terry Bradshaw
Basketball - JJ Redick, Dr. J, Bill Walton

Things are getting interesting now.

Another card was magically added to my Twins collection. Now shows 28 of the 483 that I actually listed. Also my WWE cards show I have 256 in the collection (which are for sale for $.25/ea BTW) yet the collection shows 261. So now I have collections dropping cards AND adding cards. I mean, I guess that's a sign that they are refreshing the database, right?
*I MUST SEND FIRST*

(11-04-2019, 11:14 AM)toploader1976 Wrote: Things are getting interesting now.

Another card was magically added to my Twins collection. Now shows 28 of the 483 that I actually listed. Also my WWE cards show I have 256 in the collection (which are for sale for $.25/ea BTW) yet the collection shows 261. So now I have collections dropping cards AND adding cards. I mean, I guess that's a sign that they are refreshing the database, right?
Well I can tell you this: I did an online break and added 22 Topps Gold Label cards. I could see the (22) beside the name of the collection, but if I clicked on the collection I couldn't see anything. So I deleted it and finally this morning decided to re-add the collection after I got the Beckett email. Now keep in mind I got some duplicates so here's what's weird...I recreated the SAME collection: 2019 Topps Gold Label. I go in and enter them all as having 1, then was going to edit the few duplicates. Here is the crazy: there are still no cards showing inside the collection but it says I have 22 cards. I didn't even get to edit the duplicates lol.

Then this afternoon I grab a 2019-20 Panini Prizm Draft Picks basketball from Walmart. Come home and create a new collection: 2019-20 Panini Prizm Draft Picks. Load in all the cards. Everything shows up immediately.

HAHA. WTF! At least it seems like it's getting fixed slowly but surely.

I have a collection for almost every player in the Hall of Fame. They are all accurate except for Al Kaline which shows I currently have 380 cards in that collection but when I click on that collection to go to it, it shows (more accurately) that I only have 291 cards in that collection. I've never been able to figure out why it is only the Kaline collection that is off.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Note: this is not a defense, just an observation..please do not troll the heck out of me for this.

I have been here a long time and seen ORG and the previous database corrupted and repaired...however..I have dups from 2005, 2009 and 2010 due to the database issues..I have missing cards as well. I try to keep up with the cards for trade and in my collections, but with 100000 cards it is hard..I have to trust a little bit. The database is so large that corruption occurs..I even lost everything years ago when they said they were reorganizing..never came back..

All that said..they have the upper hand..with all the time we have spent adding and the all the issues, it is still REALLY the only game in town. I have tried the other places and they just do not have the traffic and results this site has.

Everyone has their favorites, but for me..I abide and try to do my best for the traders and collectors here. I try to work within the confines of a system that is broken, but functional.

(11-04-2019, 05:12 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: All that said..they have the upper hand..with all the time we have spent adding and the all the issues, it is still REALLY the only game in town. I have tried the other places and they just do not have the traffic and results this site has.

Everyone has their favorites, but for me..I abide and try to do my best for the traders and collectors here. I try to work within the confines of a system that is broken, but functional.
I have to agree. I remember some very dark, frustrating days more than a decade ago here and I stuck it out because I like what the site has to offer. Sure it has it's flaws but if I couldn't deal with the occasional hiccups, I'd have been gone long ago.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(11-04-2019, 05:12 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Note: this is not a defense, just an observation..please do not troll the heck out of me for this.

I have been here a long time and seen ORG and the previous database corrupted and repaired...however..I have dups from 2005, 2009 and 2010 due to the database issues..I have missing cards as well. I try to keep up with the cards for trade and in my collections, but with 100000 cards it is hard..I have to trust a little bit. The database is so large that corruption occurs..I even lost everything years ago when they said they were reorganizing..never came back..

All that said..they have the upper hand..with all the time we have spent adding and the all the issues, it is still REALLY the only game in town. I have tried the other places and they just do not have the traffic and results this site has.

No, that's a well-written critique and defense. I just got back into the hobby this past summer after 20 years off. When I got back in the first thing I did was buy a Beckett magazine at an LCS for baseball and basketball.

What I soon learned was that in terms of buying and selling in the "real world" had nothing to do with the magazine values I was looking at.

So when I went online I ended up agreeing to pay for online pricing but ONLY for two reasons: I could have unlimited ORG (and I'm an organizational freak anyway) and the ability to trade stuff I didn't want for stuff I did.

I have talked two collecting friends into joining for both of these reasons. I can tell you what I do and don't have anywhere I have an internet connection AND someone will want my "junk" in trade for their "junk". Great way to unload stuff.

My only gripe is that I'm paying them money every month and they didn't even post a banner headline letting us know there were issues. We had to figure it out, be confused, not get it, try to trust the word of the "old timers", email, contact customer support.

I just feel like if Beckett wants to remain viable they have to do something right. If their pricing is already completely useless then the only value they have is a "free" trading platform and organization. I feel like someone else could do it better for the same amount of revenue. I mean, where else are they getting income other than advertising?

That was my only complaint. It could well have been worse, but when you talk someone into trying it out and they start paying them money and then within a week of joining the system is broken that kind of stings.

If someone hadn't started this thread I'd still be sitting around thinking I messed something up or wasn't doing something right. And that someone wasn't Beckett, to which I pay money. It was another paying customer asking "what in the world...."

The cards are back!! All of them, 483 in the collection. All collections are accurate.

I am so relieved!

Thank you all for listening and to whomever fixed it, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!
*I MUST SEND FIRST*

Mine is fixed. So is my friend who just joined. Nice!