`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nationals 7-0 in the playoffs?? Say, what?!

RE: Nationals 7-0 in the playoffs?? Say, what?!
Dang, no Scherzer!?
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Well, if ever a team was set up to come back from 3-2, it would be them ... Strasburg in Game 6 and potentially Scherzer in Game 7.

But good lord the Nationals have to figure out how to get some hits.

I've never seen a team that watches so many fastballs down the middle, then waits for a really crappy breaking ball to strike out on.

Another visitor win?! Has this ever happened before?

(10-29-2019, 11:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Another visitor win?! Has this ever happened before?
First time where the first six games were won by the road team.

There were two World Series' where the road teams won the first five games but the home team won in game six.

1996 Braves/Yankees
1906 Cubs/White Sox

(10-28-2019, 10:40 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've never seen a team that watches so many fastballs down the middle, then waits for a really crappy breaking ball to strike out on.
My Yankees seemed to have been pretty good at that method of striking out. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-30-2019, 08:14 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: First time where the first six games were won by the road team.

There were two World Series' where the road teams won the first five games but the home team won in game six.

1996 Braves/Yankees
1906 Cubs/White Sox
Interesting! Thanks for the info.

So, the Astros have requested the game be moved to Washington D.C. and the Nationals are saying "no way"!

Strasburg was awesome last night, huge game in a huge spot.

(10-30-2019, 11:26 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Strasburg was awesome last night, huge game in a huge spot.
Agreed, dude was nasty when he settled in.

Verlander is giving Kershaw a run for his money.....................

[Image: MC5PiOml.jpg]
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Yeah, I have had mixed emotions watching Verlander in the Series as a former Tiger.

I want him to do well but I want the Nats to win ... I was also hoping to see a Verlander vs. Scherzer duel but the rotations never shook out that way.

I look at Verlander the same way I look at Matthew Stafford with the Lions ... great player for Detroit who could never win a title there.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm hoping Stafford gets traded to a contender and wins one before he retires, like Verlander did (and could do again tonight).

(10-30-2019, 02:42 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I look at Verlander the same way I look at Matthew Stafford with the Lions ... great player for Detroit who could never win a title there.
What about the next Barry Sanders??! That's all you need to be a winning team. Isn't there at least 1 RB coming up that can average more than 3 yards per carry?