`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of an Era

End of an Era
Hey all. New here. Been collecting for half of my life. Got away from it for a few years while getting things figured out, but now the time has come to cross the bridge of departing from the Hobby.

Life happens, and things no longer endure the joys that they once had. I've got over 60k cards, and I'm ready to part ways with every last one of them. The logical way, I presume, would be to sell the better cards, then combine the rest into sets. Truth be told, life happened just a bit quicker than I was expecting and I have no problem taking a hit to just be rid of everything in one shot.

Each of you have seen many come and go from the hobby, what did they do that worked or didn't work? Obviously even if my Conditional Value is $30k there's no way I could actually sell them for that amount. Just looking for ideas or methods to be able to move on from things as swiftly as possible.

Thank you all!

RE: End of an Era
Very tough call. Conditional value is all but worthless these days in terms of selling. You'll have to check sold listings on eBay to find what your cards actively sell for. Selling the better stuff individually is the way to go, but depending on what you have they may not be worth too much either unless they're rookies, patches or autos of big name players or hall of famers. Your best bet may be to find a local card shop who would be interested in purchasing the entire collection outright. You won't get as much as you might from piecing them out, but you will save yourself a bunch of work and headaches.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(10-09-2019, 11:44 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: Very tough call. Conditional value is all but worthless these days in terms of selling. You'll have to check sold listings on eBay to find what your cards actively sell for. Selling the better stuff individually is the way to go, but depending on what you have they may not be worth too much either unless they're rookies, patches or autos of big name players or hall of famers. Your best bet may be to find a local card shop who would be interested in purchasing the entire collection outright. You won't get as much as you might from piecing them out, but you will save yourself a bunch of work and headaches.
Thank you, that's actually what I was thinking about as well. I'd hate to miss out on getting some extra coin, but I don't have much spare time these days to piece it out. Thank you!

Yeah, I agree with Foley, a local card shop, or maybe a consignment service would probably be the way to go. Unfortunately you won't get anything close to what the true value of your cards are. I'm finding that out myself the hard way with some stuff I'd like to move. Imagine the Manzel collectors who dropped thousands of dollars on crazy cards only to have him crash and burn! Ouch! Best of luck to you!