IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One 2019 Bowman Chrome Two 2019 Topps Chrome
Shocked 
One 2019 Bowman Chrome Two 2019 Topps Chrome
Hello again, Beckett Community!

Is the baseball world getting sick of me yet? Tongue I hope not, as I have been enjoying opening baseball packs more than my preferred packs of hockey cards. Maybe it's because of the colours and variations, but I truly suspect it is because of the joy my son gets from it. He is about 2,500 miles away, but Skype helps us keep connected. Seeing his eyes light up when I show him some new cards is truly a gift to me. Even a Bowman Jeff McNeil RC is a stellar hit for the both of us. Smile

Well, that brings us to today. My LCS owner is a good friend of mine (DISCOUNTS!!!!), making it easy to get the wax that I want. He orders, I open. Well, he had a couple of boxes of 2019 Bowman Chrome with just the three autos, plus four boxes of 2019 Topps Chrome. I bought one box of Topps Chrome before, and hit nothing even worth scanning. Today was a different story.

The first box was a decent one:

CCI-238CCI-237CCI-235CCI-232

The Paddack and Betts made this box worth it. On to the Bowman Chrome:

CCI-239CCI-236CCI-234

Again, I have no idea what the farm system holds in the MLB, so these are not names that I know. What I do know is that the Yamamoto is a huge seller, so this box was worth it as well! Yay! With my luck higher than usual, I decided to push it to the brink. Another $150 (CAD... so don't worry too much, my American friends) saw the last unopened box of 2019 Topps Chrome fall into my hands.

CCI-230CCI-233CCI-231

Well that is not good. Not by any means. Well, some are won, some are lost. This, however was not a loss. Not by any means. You see, there is an autograph missing from this display.

CCI-240

The extremely rare trifecta of boxes that actually made opening them worthwhile!

I don't care that there is no colour. I don't care that there is no numbering. I LOVE that I hit this card, as my boy is going to lose his mind when he sees it! He watched the first pitch that Pete took in Spring Training, and almost every pitch until the last one of the season. I can truly say that he is one of the Polar Bear's biggest fans. He got a custom jersey for his birthday in July, and this is just some sweet, sweet icing for that cake! I am so happy that I could hit this card!

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope that you enjoyed this post. All cards that don't have Pete Alonso on them are in the Org. and available for trade. Best wishes, Beckett Community! This hobby is so much more than card value.

Randi

RE: One 2019 Bowman Chrome Two 2019 Topps Chrome
Nice. Really glad you hit the card you were looking for. That has to be better than almost any Christmas gift. Santa arrive early. Congratulations

(10-07-2019, 07:02 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Nice. Really glad you hit the card you were looking for. That has to be better than almost any Christmas gift. Santa arrive early. Congratulations
Thank you! I get to Skype with him tomorrow, so I am going to make a game of it. Keep him anticipating.

Randi

How often do you get the exact card you're really looking for? Never! Congrats, you did the impossible!
Hope your son appreciates your fantastic luck!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Awesome hit, congrats!

Extremely nice hit! Congrats! I recently traded my Topps Finest Alonso auto as well as a 2016 Bowman Blue refractor Alonso for a 2011 Bowman Chrome Trout. Im ecstatic to have the Trout, but am yearning a little for an Alonso auto now. LOL!

That was really lucky!! Congrats! Awesome that you are sharing this with your son! That Bowman Chrome box was pretty good as well!! You might consider buying a lottery ticket with that kind of luck!

Thank you, folks! The luck is in the cards. And ONLY the cards. Haha!
jbissel, I would be stoked with a Trout auto as well, as it would mean more Alonso cards. Tongue This truly made my day. The comments and well wishes are making the week. This community is stellar. I hope that the member numbers will climb again.

Randi

Man, pulls like that make it all worth it. Congrats to you and the kid! Glad you got a nice one for your collection!
I'm a Yankees fan so I'm going to send you a trade with some Pete Alonso for Deivi Garcia.

(10-09-2019, 08:43 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Man, pulls like that make it all worth it. Congrats to you and the kid! Glad you got a nice one for your collection!
Why thank you!

Randi