`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-20 Contenders Draft Blaster

2019-20 Contenders Draft Blaster
Went to Walmart to day and, like an idiot, walk by the cards. I know I said I wasn't going to buy any, but for 19.95 I bit. Here's how the packs turned out:

Pack 1:
*Season ticket base De'Aaron Fox
*Season ticket base Larry Bird
*Season ticket base D'Angelo Russell
*Game Day ticket Cam Reddish
*School Colors De'Andre Hunter
*Legacy D'Aaron Fox (two pics, one in UK gear and the other in Kings)

Pack 2:
*Season ticket base Charles Barkley (PC)
*Season ticket base Kevin Knox
*Season ticket base Bradley Beal
*Game day ticket Jontay Porter
*School colors Naz Reid
*Legacy James Worth UNC and Lakers (PC)

Pack 3:
*Season ticket base De'Aaron Fox (same as the top card in pack one)
*Season ticket base Larry Bird (same as the second card in pack one, come on man)
*150 Panini points
*Game day ticket Eric Paschall
*School colors Admiral Schofield
*Legacy Marvin Bagley Duke and Kings

Pack 4:
*Season ticket base Marvin Bagley
*Season ticket base Jaren Jackson Jr
*Season ticket base Paul George
*Game day ticket Bol Bol
*School colors Kevin Porter Jr
*Legacy Jerry West West Virginia and Lakers

Pack 5:
*Season ticket base Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
*Season ticket base Joel Embiid
*Draft ticket Kevin Durant (hadn't seen a draft ticket card until this one)
*Game day ticket Jalen McDaniels
*School colors Daniel Gafford
*Legacy Kyle Kuzma Utah and Lakers

Pack 6:
*Season ticket base Kemba Walker
*Season ticket base Julius Randle
*Season ticket base Trae Young
*Game day ticket Jordan Poole
*School colors Nickeil Alexander-Walker
*Legacy Oscar Robertson Cincinnati and Bucks

So at this point I'm going into my last pack and I've got two cards I'll keep and a couple decent rookies but none of the big 3. And I'm not sure on inserts/parallels/auto's in blasters.

Pack 7:
*Season ticket base Kobe Bryant
*Season ticket base Anthony Davis
*Draft ticket Trae Young (different than the KD in color, so may be a parallel but not numbered)
*Game day ticket Zion Williamson (FINALLY)
*School colors RJ Barrett (back to back in the pack)
*Legacy Donovan Mitchell Louisville and Utah

So I'm happy with that. I didn't get any UNC players from the draft which was a little disappointing but I did get 1 each of all of Duke's big 3.

RE: 2019-20 Contenders Draft Blaster
Nice stuff!

PM coming you way ... thanks!

RJ

(09-20-2019, 01:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Nice stuff!

PM coming you way ... thanks!

RJ
Yea with our standing Zion for Curry agreement I was going to give you a hard time if you weren't the first one to respond haha!

(09-20-2019, 03:41 PM)btrav13 Wrote: Yea with our standing Zion for Curry agreement I was going to give you a hard time if you weren't the first one to respond haha!
I was living vicariously through the break on your post ... I've had many of those "last pack saving" breaks over the years as well, LOL

I also just opened a blaster and my best card was also the Zion Game Day card. I do like that the base Season Ticket cards are in pro uniforms and the Legacy cards are both pro and college uniforms. One of the previous drawbacks I had about Contenders Draft was that the non-draft players were in college uniforms.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-21-2019, 11:55 PM)djohn Wrote: I also just opened a blaster and my best card was also the Zion Game Day card. I do like that the base Season Ticket cards are in pro uniforms and the Legacy cards are both pro and college uniforms. One of the previous drawbacks I had about Contenders Draft was that the non-draft players were in college uniforms.
I'm having trouble figuring out what one of the cards is that I pulled. It's a KD but it's called Draft Ticket. I also got a Trae Young of this, but his is a bright red. So it was easy to look it up here and say "oh, red foil". The only non-serialized KD Draft Tickets are red foil and blue foil. But this card has a matte black finish. Surely that can't be considered "blue" foil.

I still haven't even seen any 19-20 Contenders available at my Walmarts/Targets. =\
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Nor have I. It's going to take a lot of will power to stay away from busting stuff this year, especially when the products come out with the players in their updated uniforms.

(09-22-2019, 08:35 PM)hempick Wrote: I still haven't even seen any 19-20 Contenders available at my Walmarts/Targets. =\
There were 8 in total. Two rows of 4 blasters. I just grabbed the front right one. Walked by the card section at the exact same walmart last night and all of them were sold.

(09-23-2019, 10:05 AM)btrav13 Wrote: There were 8 in total. Two rows of 4 blasters. I just grabbed the front right one. Walked by the card section at the exact same walmart last night and all of them were sold.
I bet. That's how it is in my area ... if you don't jump on something when you see it, chances are it's usually gone within a day if it's something decent.