`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Personal gripe with trading sometimes

RE: Personal gripe with trading sometimes
I am more than fine doing that as well savagenate, but what he is doing (from what I've learned from other traders) is going around trying to trade his base for autos from multiple people. Doesn't seem much like the spirit of the hobby or of collecting as much as it is him getting autos (good ones, or junk, it doesn't matter) for his all but worthless base cards. I'd venture to say that not a single card in the trade with me was something he needed.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(09-05-2019, 01:31 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Exactly...to each his/her own, but many times I have either given away for free some base/inserts/parallels worth less than $3, and yet I also request the ones I need by offering anything in return.

Why? Because this is a hobby, intended to be fun, relaxing yet exciting, giving anticipation when opening a pack or box of cards, while at the same time be willing to share what you do not need. If I was in it for the money then I would be depressed and frustrated!
Amen!

It was not a "personal attack" on foleylion8, but the trade with him is what incited it, yet.
Had you mentioned the post, like most other people had, or commented on it, then I wouldn't have requested an equal value from you.
And, as you said, you only have 1k or so cards. So, what do you expect me to grab if you don't have any PC stuff besides stuff I can use as tradebait for people I normally trade with?

If you want to attack me for something that wasn't geared towards you but was instigated, per say, tell the whole side from your side, too.
- You didn't mention the post in the initial trade request, or at all.
- You did not comment on the thread like others had, letting me know they had seen the post and had sent a trade.
- You have 897 football cards today, the 8th of September, 2019. Of that 897, only 14 are Ravens, my PC. Of those 14, I requested "2014 Topps Gold #309 Ed Dickson", a card listed at $1.50, leaving me around $110 to make up for.
- Of those 897 football cards, there are 36 SN, 291 RC, 25 auto, and 6 mem.

Please don't sit here and make me look like a villian when you are the one that sent the trade, and took almost a week to respond, while being online during that week without saying anything.
Of course I'm going to request stuff that I think I can trade rather than grabbing a bunch of stuff that's probably going to collect dust until I find that one person wherever they are, since you only had 1 PC card.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

In the past 6 months many posts have been added to the Forum about how trading has slowed down on this site. There are most likely many reasons for this: less subscribers, too many high-end products, some do not list their base/inserts/parallels, prefer to list card on eBay, etc.

But, I see another reason that caused me to stop trading after my 350th trade (over 500 currently):
ATTITUDE

This can be in form of ignoring trade requests, asking for a trade and then not responding to a counter, asking for high-end cards and having nothing in return except older base, expecting others to ship first even though others have a good trade score, and, the one that really caused me to stop trading -- not bothering to ship out traded cards because they are "too busy". (Give me a break!)

The point is this...either you want to trade or you don't want to trade, but be nice about it and drop the attitude so that newbies will join this site and feel like it is worth their time and effort.

(09-09-2019, 09:48 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: In the past 6 months many posts have been added to the Forum about how trading has slowed down on this site. There are most likely many reasons for this: less subscribers, too many high-end products, some do not list their base/inserts/parallels, prefer to list card on eBay, etc.

But, I see another reason that caused me to stop trading after my 350th trade (over 500 currently):
ATTITUDE

This can be in form of ignoring trade requests, asking for a trade and then not responding to a counter, asking for high-end cards and having nothing in return except older base, expecting others to ship first even though others have a good trade score, and, the one that really caused me to stop trading -- not bothering to ship out traded cards because they are "too busy". (Give me a break!)

The point is this...either you want to trade or you don't want to trade, but be nice about it and drop the attitude so that newbies will join this site and feel like it is worth their time and effort.
Amen.
Beckett lowering the price and giving more support to the database and ORG side of their business wouldn't hurt, either.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

Amen. I asked someone what they collect in this thread to see about trading but they did not reply as I saw something of interest to try and trade for. Love trading on here and while every deal is not prefect in terms of match and interests replies are always appreciated regardless
(09-09-2019, 09:48 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: In the past 6 months many posts have been added to the Forum about how trading has slowed down on this site. There are most likely many reasons for this: less subscribers, too many high-end products, some do not list their base/inserts/parallels, prefer to list card on eBay, etc.

ATTITUDE

My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

OP, I just sent you an updated offer for your Hockenson via PM.

Thanks!

RJ