`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Small card show in Oak Creek, WI - big ol hit!

Small card show in Oak Creek, WI - big ol hit!
There's a monthly show near the Milwaukee area that has roughly 30-40 tables at it. Picked up a some singles of Finest refractors from various years, including a slick looking 1997 Finest Refractor of an uncommon card that's embossed. As we were looking to leave, my wife spots it:

Oh my, well I can't resist the siren song. I ask how much and the guy says $100. I don't have cash on me! My wife asks if a check is cool and the guy politely declines. I ask if he can take credit card and he cannot. Last ditch effort, I ask if I can Paypal him. No dice.

We leave and I'm saying how that's a good deal on the box. My wife points out a BMO bank across the street with ATM. 10 minutes later I'm back and I secure the purchase!

Later that day I get down to business. I'll spare the pack by pack details but here are the results from each mini box.

Minibox 1

Favre Black Refractor is #/99

Minibox 2

Manning Gold Refractor is #/49
But what's that blurred out card????????

Minibox 3

Not pictured is an Adrian Peterson rookie card which means completing this set became a whole lot easier to do. But what about that blurred card?

OH SNAP!

Calvin Johnson Black Xfractor rookie auto #3/10!!!! That card has waited 12 years to see the light of day. Thanks to my wife's eagle eyes and encouragement, had one of the best Finest box breaks ever Smile.

RE: Small card show in Oak Creek, WI - big ol hit!
Holy crap, that Calvin Johnson auto is a down payment on a used car alone. Is that PC, or you going to try to move it?

If you are a comprohensive team collector, or a set builder, take a look at what I have, because I need that Finest McGahee you pulled.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

I enjoyed reading the thread, but I can't see the pictures for some reason and it is killing me.

Nice hit and congrats. Not a used car but but definitely nice spending money but you are a finest guy Smile.
(09-08-2019, 11:48 PM)jplarson Wrote: There's a monthly show near the Milwaukee area that has roughly 30-40 tables at it. Picked up a some singles of Finest refractors from various years, including a slick looking 1997 Finest Refractor of an uncommon card that's embossed. As we were looking to leave, my wife spots it:

Oh my, well I can't resist the siren song. I ask how much and the guy says $100. I don't have cash on me! My wife asks if a check is cool and the guy politely declines. I ask if he can take credit card and he cannot. Last ditch effort, I ask if I can Paypal him. No dice.

We leave and I'm saying how that's a good deal on the box. My wife points out a BMO bank across the street with ATM. 10 minutes later I'm back and I secure the purchase!

Later that day I get down to business. I'll spare the pack by pack details but here are the results from each mini box.

Minibox 1

Favre Black Refractor is #/99

Minibox 2

Manning Gold Refractor is #/49
But what's that blurred out card????????

Minibox 3

Not pictured is an Adrian Peterson rookie card which means completing this set became a whole lot easier to do. But what about that blurred card?

OH SNAP!

Calvin Johnson Black Xfractor rookie auto #3/10!!!! That card has waited 12 years to see the light of day. Thanks to my wife's eagle eyes and encouragement, had one of the best Finest box breaks ever Smile.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

As a Lions fan, I approve of this pull!

Very nice CJ hit jp.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Insane! Not the first words that came to mind, but this is a family friendly site lol. What a hit man! Congrats!