`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!

RE: Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!
Sorry to be repetitive on this subject, but there a bunch of newbies that might be interested and/or agree...

I would much rather have 4 or 5 Trout cards that are low #'d parallels or unusual inserts worth a few hundred bucks than have that ugly 2011 Topps Update Trout. I just don't see anything nice looking about it.

So, if I had ever collected 2011 baseball cards (I skipped years 2011 and most of 2012 for many reasons) I would have also traded them away at that time.

(04-07-2020, 01:31 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Sorry to be repetitive on this subject, but there a bunch of newbies that might be interested and/or agree...
I would much rather have 4 or 5 Trout cards that are low #'d parallels or unusual inserts worth a few hundred bucks than have that ugly 2011 Topps Update Trout. I just don't see anything nice looking about it.
So, if I had ever collected 2011 baseball cards (I skipped years 2011 and most of 2012 for many reasons) I would have also traded them away at that time.
It is funny, because that design is one of the things that brought me back into the hobby. It sure beats the borderless and semi borderless designs of the past couple of years, IMHO.
Different strokes for different folk and so on and so on...
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That is one of the things I love about this hobby...variety!

(04-07-2020, 05:12 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: That is one of the things I love about this hobby...variety!
So true.

One more observation. Red Target Trout vs Blue Walmart Trout
1:20 ratio when doing eBay sale searches.
It has been like this every time I get curious about the scarcity of these cards. I believe the Red Target us175 are in less quantities than the Blue, the gold, and the cognac/diamond
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So, Mr. Trout is part of many, many insert & parallel sets that I have in my collection. I cannot believe how many of these have increased dramatically. Too bad I am inclined to keep them!

I think the Target red might be slightly less print run but I truly believe the vast price difference is because people like the Red more because it's his team color.

I hope they keep jumping. I have on 2011 Topps Update, one 2011 Bowman Chrome, two 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft and four 2011 Bowman Draft rookie cards. They can just keep jumping!! I;m still looking to trade for a 2011 Finest Trout rc.

(05-05-2020, 05:30 PM)cspen Wrote: I hope they keep jumping. I have on 2011 Topps Update, one 2011 Bowman Chrome, two 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft and four 2011 Bowman Draft rookie cards. They can just keep jumping!! I;m still looking to trade for a 2011 Finest Trout rc.
Have you thought about selling a couple of your dupes to buy the Finest RC?

Even if you sold two Bowman Draft you'd still have two left plus the card you've been looking for ... plus hopefully a little extra PayPal for some more Cardinals, LOL

(05-05-2020, 05:17 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I think the Target red might be slightly less print run but I truly believe the vast price difference is because people like the Red more because it's his team color.
Every time I look on eBay theres always a 15:1 ratio of blue to red (or close to it) and the prices are easily 4-5X higher for the red over the blue.
I think it is both reasons you mentioned, less print run plus more desirable color combo red and red vs. red and robin egg blue ... yuck.
Supply and Demand ... Intro to Business 101. Smile