`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!

RE: Some quick thoughts about 2011 ... The Trout are Jumping, AGAIN!
(04-02-2020, 11:35 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I miss the 6 copies of the base update that I got $25 each for ... [insert fart noise here].
Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time!
I almost unloaded mine when they went up to $50 but I waited and waited and they went up to $60.

My wife says my worst trait is that I am a procrastinator, but every time I try to fix my problem, something like this happens to remind me that procrastination is not that bad.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-03-2020, 01:14 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time!
I almost unloaded mine when they went up to $50 but I waited and waited and they went up to $60.

My wife says my worst trait is that I am a procrastinator, but every time I try to fix my problem, something like this happens to remind me that procrastination is not that bad.
Maybe you should bring this example to her attention Big Grin
Kepler

I love when Doc pulls out the "The Trout Are Jumping Again" subject line.

Modern day version of the 52 Topps Mantle IMO...

All those Trout pics are just sick! I just got back into collecting this year after stopping in 2016 due to a job change and not having much spare change to buy stuff. Got back into it this year now that I'm making really good money. Went back through my collection and found the Trout Topps Update base card. I had no idea how much it was worth now. Big surprise. I remember trading for it on here back in 2012 or 2013 when it was barely worth anything. I think like $20 at the time. A good find!
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(04-03-2020, 07:08 PM)benner73 Wrote: All those Trout pics are just sick! I just got back into collecting this year after stopping in 2016 due to a job change and not having much spare change to buy stuff. Got back into it this year now that I'm making really good money. Went back through my collection and found the Trout Topps Update base card. I had no idea how much it was worth now. Big surprise. I remember trading for it on here back in 2012 or 2013 when it was barely worth anything. I think like $20 at the time. A good find!
It could have been me! I unfortunately traded a bunch of Trout RC's between 2011-2012 for what would be maybe a couple of bucks worth now in cards (not sure who with but they got a deal!). Now I have no Trouts and it pains me to think about it...... haha....
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(04-03-2020, 11:45 AM)jbissell Wrote: I love when Doc pulls out the "The Trout Are Jumping Again" subject line.
It is just a little PSA to all my Beckett Bros (& Sisters, too)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I wish I had enough to trade for another one. Mine is graded a 10 and according to the population report there are only 25 that got a higher grade than mine.

I must wish I had one. Maybe someday

I love it when my US175 Trout rc goes up in price

I am glad i graded mine. Just wish i would have sent it to PSA. Still a 9.5 BGS is not too shabby.