IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANDREW LUCK!!!

ANDREW LUCK!!!
What the Luck!?!??!?!?!?!

RE: ANDREW LUCK!!!
Reminds me of Robert Smith, RB, years ago when he retired unexpectedly the year after he led the NFL in rushing yards because he was worried about being healthy going forward.

Great guy, on and off the field. We need more of his kind. Being booed off the field was classless! Coming from someone with major and constant health issues, I completely sympathize his want to live a better, healthier life, and to live it the way he wants too. Best of luck to him!

(08-27-2019, 01:25 PM)savagenate Wrote: Best of luck to him!
I see what you did there lol!

So back in the late 1980s to mid 1990s the Utah Jazz were more than content to let Karl Malone and John Stockton lead them to the playoffs every year.

The family was making money and the team was competitive, so who cared if Stockton and Malone never had enough help to win a championship?

That's exactly what happened with Luck ... he was so absurdly gifted that the team won and made the playoffs most of his career without a very talented team around him.

He took a heavy beating and suffered some pretty serious injuries, at least one of which could have killed him (the lacerated kidney).

The guy just got married and has a baby on the way, money in the bank and wants to be healthy for his family.

So the problem is? Go ahead, I'll wait ...

And for those that say he could have retired earlier and the Colts could have drafted or signed a quarterback (Foles?), well, unfortunately they are just dumba--es.

He was trying to rehab his ankle/calf/Achilles/whatever was going on there, up until a couple of weeks ago when he realized it wasn't responding.

So, rather than take the team's money by sitting on IR, he stepped away.

It was the owner's choice to let him keep his signing bonus, and it goes to show you how much the organization appreciated him.

Yes, there are those conspiracy theorists out there that think that was a preemptive move to avoid a lawsuit, but I like to think those are the same jergoffs that booed him off the field last week.

And I'm a lifelong Detroit Lions fan who has gone through this twice with Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson.

If a guy doesn't have it mentally or physically anymore, you thank him for the good times and you move on.

+1....