`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Made You Support The Team You Support?

RE: What Made You Support The Team You Support?
Grew up in Maryland, my entire family is all Colts fans. I'm 5 years old and come into the living room and the Colts are playing the Cowboys. Colts punt and number 33(Dorsett) takes it all the way for a TD. They have silver stars on their helmet and their cheerleaders are wearing tied off half shirts; that's my team.

Ravens get to Baltimore in 1996 but I don't cheer for them. I have hated Testaverde since he was at Miami so I can't. A few years later I pick Ray Lewis to be my fantasy LB. I'm killing people because its one point per tackle. I start watching him play after they get rid of Testaverde, and fall in love with the way he plays the game. Watch him lead the greatest defense in history to win the Super Bowl.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

I became a Ravens fan in April 2001, and have been collecting football cards since then (I took a break from collecting from about 2012 to 2016 or so).
Growing up, I would help my father (toabeignjr) sort his Steelers collection. It's how I learned to organize. After a few years of organzing his Steelers and tradeable cards with him, he asked me one day if I wanted to start my own collection. So, I replied with something along the lines of "Sure, why not?"
"Well, what team do you want to collect?"
I replied with a "I don't know, but not the Steelers."
"Why not?" He was offended because that was his PC, but I dinstinctly remember the smirk on his face.
"Because you'll take all the good cards, and I'll just get a ton of base." Even at just 7 years old, I knew how much Dad enjoyed his PC, so I didn't want to conflict with his cards, or for there to ever be an issue between us over cards.
"Well, who do you want to collect then?" He asked, with that smirk still on his face.
"I don't know, let me think about it." So, I went back to my room, and kept sorting this stack of cards he had given me. I think I was sorting multiple years by teams, and then by years. Then, I had an idea: "Hey Dad! Who won the Super Bowl last year?"
"Let's check... Looks like the the Ravens beat the Giants 34-7."
"Alright then, I'll collect the Ravens, then."

That was 18 years ago and some change.
I will give 4 cents Beckett credit per point for Panini Points, 110% Beckett for ANY Ravens redemptions, 125% Beckett for any in demand player, and 100% Beckett for all other redemptions.
I PC all Ravens cards.
Check out my ebay for the real good stuff, if I ever get any: https://www.ebay.com/usr/dcm7734

Well I became a Cowboys fan because my brother was -- simple as that.