`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-20 Current Team Jerseys

2019-20 Current Team Jerseys
Never had to worry about this much back in the day, but now everyone moves a lot. So for those of you who have kept collecting all these years...when do the companies start putting out cards of the rookies and free-agents and trades in their new uniforms?

I feel like it's wasting money right now to buy basketball because other than what I'd gain for my PC, a lot of players aren't going to be on their current teams.

RE: 2019-20 Current Team Jerseys
So the rookies will be in their new unis starting with Hoops (late October), but not the veterans.

Last year I had to wait until Contenders (February, right before the All-Star break) for all the vets in their new unis - LeBron, Kawhi, etc.

There will probably be some hobby only products that have them between Hoops and Contenders, but I don't buy hobby.

I'm guessing that since so many All Stars changed teams, Panini might try harder to get them in some earlier products - Donruss, Prizm, etc.

Worse case scenario you will get the old team's uniform with the little "signed by so and so" script on the front of the card.

(08-16-2019, 10:41 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: So the rookies will be in their new unis starting with Hoops (late October), but not the veterans.

Last year I had to wait until Contenders (February, right before the All-Star break) for all the vets in their new unis - LeBron, Kawhi, etc.

There will probably be some hobby only products that have them between Hoops and Contenders, but I don't buy hobby.

I'm guessing that since so many All Stars changed teams, Panini might try harder to get them in some earlier products - Donruss, Prizm, etc.

Worse case scenario you will get the old team's uniform with the little "signed by so and so" script on the front of the card.
When I did that online break with Layton Sports Cards he said in the video he believes October for new uniforms due to the companies speeding up on getting game pics with all the movement. Of course he could be wrong

(08-21-2019, 03:17 AM)btrav13 Wrote: When I did that online break with Layton Sports Cards he said in the video he believes October for new uniforms due to the companies speeding up on getting game pics with all the movement. Of course he could be wrong
Yeah, I mean, it would be smart of them to update the unis.

For example, I will check eBay once Hoops comes out, and if all the big names are still in their old unis, I will pass on Hoops.

I did this with LeBron last year, I waited until his Lakers stuff was out.