`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Topps Tribute...Bought Into A Case Break

2019 Topps Tribute...Bought Into A Case Break
So did a lot of research, got some idea from some veterans here and finally landed on Layton Sports Cards. I'll post a few reasons I went with them so if you're considering doing this it might help you decide:

*Don't pick from the pictures of the boxes on their website. Use the menu on the right side. It tells you the date, the product, how it's done (random teams, pick your teams, random division, etc) and most important to me, what time they're doing it. This way you know exactly when your break is coming

*I watched several of their live breaks and it seems like there are a ton of collectors that are well known to the breakers because there was always lots of chat and talk and back and forth like they all knew each other

*People were trading up teams and cards during the break, which was cool. You can even post your email and let someone email you if they get a card you like

So I broke down and bought 2 spots of 2019 Topps Tribute for last night at 7pm EST. I got a dual spot of brewers/pirates and then the Cardinals. And for my first case break it was pretty decent:

Matt Carpenter triple jersey relic /99
Bob Gibson on card auto /170
Paul DeJon triple relic /99
Mark McGwire red parallel /10

RE: 2019 Topps Tribute...Bought Into A Case Break
I meant to add a couple things and forgot:

*They ship in a couple days, which is awesome. The break I was in at 7pm last night is shipping Monday morning.

*They do breaks 7 days a week from 5pm to midnight, EST.

*After the breaks at midnight they do "personal breaks". You can buy a box or case from them and have it shipped to you OR you can allow them to open it on their YouTube channel.

*Each day seems to keep all sports balanced. They start with baseball. Then occasionally you'll see a WWE. Then a few basketball and they finish up with Football.

*It seems like they have a price point for everyone. Tonight you can do Topps Finest baseball for $45 per spot (random teams) all the way up to Topps Diamond Icons at $165 and tomorrow night at 930pm EST a dual case of basketball National Treasures and Panini Opulence tiered random teams for $499.

*I also found out that base/common cards are just put into a pill and divided equally among everyone in the break. So even if you don't get a hit, you get some base

*When you buy breaks they give you points to put towards breaks (if you buy a Topps Chrome break it has a point and dollar value...if you get NO hits, then you keep your points and you can get into another Topps Chrome break for "free" with your points, so you get to keep breaking until you get a hit). This is REALLY like because if you get into something that isn't a lot of cards (think panini opulence basketball) then you'd have enough points to keep doing more and more of that product until you do get a hit and you only paid out physical cash 1 time. It's almost as if they WANT it to be fair and they WANT you to get something for spending money on a SINGLE break...and if you don't, they give you breaks for points. I thought that was a super nice idea and a way to keep people buying and engaged.

RE: 2019 Topps Tribute...Bought Into A Case Break
Thanks for all the reasearch tips into Layton. Seems like a really fair process they have. When I would do some breaks in the past, there were times that I was totally 'skunked' and got nothing at all. Other breaks would only ship out the hits and would keep all the commons for themselves. I like the point system and the splitting up of commons. Seems better than walking away with absolutely nothing.
Seems like you did alright for your break with them, too. That helps to know someone with first hand experience!
Thanks
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.