`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Beckett online so complicated and time consuming?

Why is Beckett online so complicated and time consuming?
Does Beckett's online website actually work for anyone?

I just got back into collecting around eight months ago after taking a 6 year break, and a 12 year break prior to that.

I usually sign up for Beckett's all access subscription then cancel a few months later. I always get frustrated trying to use the site. The pages I always have open keep crashing. The search filters on the price guides take forever. If you click on a card and then back out it brings you to the beginning of the set you were searching instead of the place in the set you were searching. Having to keep scrolling back down to the bottom the of a set with over 600 cards takes forever.

- The sets don't have pictures or details of every different card. For example if you're dealing with prizms trying to figure out which one you pulled in a pack that can be confusing. Especially if you're color blind with certain colors. End up searching for the cards on eBay to identify them. Which defeats the purpose of having Beckett.

Organize and Trade

- I don't understand what the point of having this is if you can't add pictures of the front and back of your card. With the amount of counterfeits out there, and with condition being such a huge factor, I would want to see both sides of the card. Especially with some serial numbers on the back.

- I shouldn't have to spend 3 hours trying to organize a few cards because the website is too complicated and takes forever to load.

Registry and graded cards

- I don't see how there is not a complete registry for all graded cards showing the pictures of the graded card, and owner's information. Especially to protect both buyers and sellers. Things to notify them of sales, transfers of ownership etc. I tried adding graded cards to the repository and then to that stupid registry thing and couldn't even successfully create a registry. Website keep telling me to fill in all the info when I already had it filled in.

I shouldn't even have to create a registry and what not. If I add it to organize and then add the graded serial number info, I don't understand why it's not capable of automatically doing that for me if I want it too. Additionally, if I add two of the same cards with different serial numbers it keeps showing only one card and will not let me add a second picture of that graded card.

- Even this took way too long to add, and didn't even update correct.

I feel bad for the people that don't understand how to use computers to begin with. I grew up with computers, am a younger person, and usually can figure things out right away. If I'm getting frustrated, I can only imagine how others feel.

I've seen free websites operate better than this one. Reminds of trying to figure out health insurance on the government's website when it first launched. Shouldn't be that annoying.

I cancelled my auto renew then they call me and email me 10 times a day.

I just don't understand how in 2019 this process has to be so difficult. regarding the website but also how there isn't a better network setup to connect all the different companies graded cards and register them so you can be better educated to prevent buying counterfeit cards.

I grew up using Beckett's price guides. So they were the first place I looked to when I started collecting again.

Sorry for this rant.

RE: Why is Beckett online so complicated and time consuming?
I couldn't agree more. The site is extremely frustrating much of the time. Finding cards that other people have on my wantlist drives me nuts. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. When you call you are told to email....when I email no one responds....when I chat they say they will fix it AND NOTHING GETS DONE.

I am another guy who agrees. I wonder if anyone at Beckett ever reads these comments, or do they just ignore you just like they do on the phone!!! All you get are promises that something will be done, but nothing gets done. I tried to search someone's wants for a trade and all MY traders come up on their want list. Took me more than a month of almost daily phone calls and the REP tells me they are working on correcting this. I try to be patient, but at some point, my frustration overcomes patience. One would think someone at Beckett knows what to do. However, I don't think they do. Anyway, keep on trading. waltstein

(08-08-2019, 04:08 PM)waltstein Wrote: I am another guy who agrees. I wonder if anyone at Beckett ever reads these comments, or do they just ignore you just like they do on the phone!!! All you get are promises that something will be done, but nothing gets done. I tried to search someone's wants for a trade and all MY traders come up on their want list. Took me more than a month of almost daily phone calls and the REP tells me they are working on correcting this. I try to be patient, but at some point, my frustration overcomes patience. One would think someone at Beckett knows what to do. However, I don't think they do. Anyway, keep on trading. waltstein
The greatest tool to use is a browser "ad block" to block the pop ups and all the ads on the site. It will speed up the site loading time to almost immediately.

Also, the idea of adding pictures of your collection is great, and there is a function you can add pics for those that are not already on Beckett but again, this causes more loading time. Besides, the pics are never as in depth or clear as you would want.

Their ownership probably doesn't care about anything but how much cash they get from us subscribers. Not sure who owns them anymore. Reminds me of working for a company owned by a hedge-fund. If they don't see a certain amount of profit, no capital investments are ever made. No raises to the employees. Etc etc.

It's smart business to reinvest in your product. Beckett has a corner on the market, I don't understand it either.

(08-04-2019, 11:13 PM)KingCash335i Wrote: Does Beckett's online website actually work for anyone?

I just got back into collecting around eight months ago after taking a 6 year break, and a 12 year break prior to that.

I usually sign up for Beckett's all access subscription then cancel a few months later. I always get frustrated trying to use the site. The pages I always have open keep crashing. The search filters on the price guides take forever. If you click on a card and then back out it brings you to the beginning of the set you were searching instead of the place in the set you were searching. Having to keep scrolling back down to the bottom the of a set with over 600 cards takes forever.
The greatest tool to use is a browser "ad block" to block the pop ups and all the ads on the site. It will speed up the site loading time to almost immediately.

- The sets don't have pictures or details of every different card. For example if you're dealing with prizms trying to figure out which one you pulled in a pack that can be confusing. Especially if you're color blind with certain colors. End up searching for the cards on eBay to identify them. Which defeats the purpose of having Beckett.When Panini releases a product, they send a checklist not necessarily variation info which is released at a later date such as Contenders SPs. Beckett News covers various topics like Contenders Short Prints, set variations, and what you are asking about prisms. Here is a random example: link
If you have not signed up for free at Panini, I would recommend it. They also have a blog, Good information and Panini rewards as well. I also follow them on facebook to get the weekly "who signed redemptions" report. Here is a link
panini

Organize and Trade

- I don't understand what the point of having this is if you can't add pictures of the front and back of your card. With the amount of counterfeits out there, and with condition being such a huge factor, I would want to see both sides of the card. Especially with some serial numbers on the back.
If pics were loaded into the trade system, it would slow the system down. You can add pics in a forum post.
- I shouldn't have to spend 3 hours trying to organize a few cards because the website is too complicated and takes forever to load.
If you are fully updated and have ad blocker on, almost all actions happen immediately to several seconds. (of course the site is not perfect) Google Chrome is the recommended browser.

- I don't see how there is not a complete registry for all graded cards showing the pictures of the graded card, and owner's information. Especially to protect both buyers and sellers. Things to notify them of sales, transfers of ownership etc. I tried adding graded cards to the repository and then to that stupid registry thing and couldn't even successfully create a registry. Website keep telling me to fill in all the info when I already had it filled in. Post this in BGS forum attention JeffV96masters and he will help you. He is the moderator with BGS expertise.

I shouldn't even have to create a registry and what not. If I add it to organize and then add the graded serial number info, I don't understand why it's not capable of automatically doing that for me if I want it too. Additionally, if I add two of the same cards with different serial numbers it keeps showing only one card and will not let me add a second picture of that graded card.
Post this in BGS forum attention JeffV96masters and he will help you. He is the moderator with BGS expertise.

The image should be no more than 4 MB in size, and must be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. For best results, please upload a square image that is at least 200x200 pixels. Also explore the "User control panel" located next to search/messages.
I feel bad for the people that don't understand how to use computers to begin with. I grew up with computers, am a younger person, and usually can figure things out right away. If I'm getting frustrated, I can only imagine how others feel.

I've seen free websites operate better than this one. Reminds of trying to figure out health insurance on the government's website when it first launched. Shouldn't be that annoying.

Update your preferences in "your account". It most likely says beckett can call you
I just don't understand how in 2019 this process has to be so difficult. regarding the website but also how there isn't a better network setup to connect all the different companies graded cards and register them so you can be better educated to prevent buying counterfeit cards.

I grew up using Beckett's price guides. So they were the first place I looked to when I started collecting again.

Be sure to check out the help section, the TOS , the FAQs and JeffV will help you on the BGS stuff. Also I have stickied posts in the forums with help videos and a list of bad traders accumulated over the years. Links in my sig as well.

Sorry for this rant.

I agree with you 100% OP. The website just plain sucks.

If you click on a card and then back out it brings you to the beginning of the set you were searching instead of the place in the set you were searching. Having to keep scrolling back down to the bottom the of a set with over 600 cards takes forever.

See Above: That is my main complaint.

Does any one know of a good card organizing site ?

(08-04-2019, 11:13 PM)KingCash335i Wrote: Does Beckett's online website actually work for anyone?

- The sets don't have pictures or details of every different card. For example if you're dealing with prizms trying to figure out which one you pulled in a pack that can be confusing. Especially if you're color blind with certain colors. End up searching for the cards on eBay to identify them. Which defeats the purpose of having Beckett.

Organize and Trade

- I don't see how there is not a complete registry for all graded cards showing the pictures of the graded card, and owner's information. Especially to protect both buyers and sellers. Things to notify them of sales, transfers of ownership etc. I tried adding graded cards to the repository and then to that stupid registry thing and couldn't even successfully create a registry. Website keep telling me to fill in all the info when I already had it filled in.

Sorry for this rant.