`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018-19 Panini Contenders (1) and Chronicles (2)

2018-19 Panini Contenders (1) and Chronicles (2)
Hadn't bought any of these yet. The Chronicles are so new that even base cards have no pricing.

Contenders:
*Lottery ticket insert Mikal Bridges
*Kevin Huerter single patch no serial
*Superstar Die Cut Donovan Mitchell

Really, really interesting and pretty product. Looks like they put a lot of work into this. I really like it.

Then I grabbed two Chronicles hangers. Had heard they were releasing. Didn't do any research just grabbed them. So this is a base set of 699 cards. But from what I'm seeing, there are TONS of variations. In the first box I got:

*DeAndre Ayton Rookie Cards 173, 586 and 635
*Trae Young Rookie Cards 94 and 597
*Mo Bamba Rookie Card 76

Second box:
*Luca Doncic Rookie Cards 183 and 166 (this card 166 has a dark matte finish with his name in gold. I got a couple of these, but nowhere near as nice as Luka). From scrolling thru the cards, it looks like 166 is some parallel because of the way it's written on Beckett...2018-19 Panini Chronicles #166 Luka Doncic/Luminance...so Luminance has to be a parallel within the base set
*Marvin Bagley III 72
*3 green parallels (Beckett shows green only having 400 of the 699 base cards)
*John Wall green parallel 48
*Mikal Bridges green parallel (but on this version of his card, it has the word "studio" in script across the top)
*Stephen Curry base card (fine by me, I collect him)

One relic of a nobody out of Contenders. Tons of good names in Chronicles I just have no idea if some of these higher numbered cards are harder to find. I'm about to read the box.

Overall first impressions is that I love, love, love both products. Contenders and Chronicles are gorgeous. Once I find out more about the sets, I see myself spending more money haha

If you've opened either one, let me know how it seems!

RE: 2018-19 Panini Contenders (1) and Chronicles (2)
PM sent!