`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Pat Tillman Cards?

RE: New Pat Tillman Cards?
(07-29-2019, 12:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I don't really buy hobby (or much of anything anymore), but would definitely try to trade for these types of cards if I didn't feel such a moral dilemma about it.

I just contacted Panini about the whole thing, so if I get a reply I'll share it.
Cool!
(07-25-2019, 12:00 PM)jplarson Wrote: Nationalism is en vogue right now, makes sense that Panini wants to capitalize on that. I wrote a whole bunch more stuff but it was getting WAY too snarky and political so I'll leave it as this. Of course Panini is gonna profit off of him.
You know, I gotta give this site, and the few users left, a lot of credit! I'm sure we all come from different beliefs and political leanings, yet we keep this site clean and friendly. Can't say that for many groups!

To be honest, I was really hoping it didn't turn into a political discussion.

Here's how I feel ... I was originally a fan of Pat's because he was an awesome football player, and then even more so because of the sacrifice he made, especially given his stature as a wealthy pro athlete - hardly any would willingly choose to walk away from that life.

As for Kaepernick, I 100 percent believe in freedom of speech even if I don't agree with it, as long as it's done peacefully.

My only wish was that as a 49ers fan we could go back to more fun and simpler times, when he was playing well as the QB and Harbaugh was coaching them deep into the playoffs.

As we've all learned, life doesn't exactly go as we planned or thought it would.

Harbough was a joke...can't stand the guy :p lol. There are a few coaches I just don't like...and he's one of them. Doesn't help he's coaching against my Badgers now!

(08-01-2019, 12:17 PM)savagenate Wrote: Harbough was a joke...can't stand the guy :p lol. There are a few coaches I just don't like...and he's one of them. Doesn't help he's coaching against my Badgers now!
But ... remember ... I'm a Lions fan.

Which also makes me ... wait for it ... a Michigan fan!

Go Blue!

(LOL)

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to take them to the top.

Or at least beat Ohio State.

(08-01-2019, 05:30 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: But ... remember ... I'm a Lions fan.

Which also makes me ... wait for it ... a Michigan fan!

Go Blue!

(LOL)

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to take them to the top.

Or at least beat Ohio State.
I really detest Ohio state too lol

(08-02-2019, 11:41 AM)savagenate Wrote: I really detest Ohio state too lol
See, I always knew you had potential, LOL

(08-02-2019, 11:53 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: See, I always knew you had potential, LOL
Haha!

In order to include Pat's card in the new product, they have to get the estate or family of Pat's approval for inclusion in the set since he is no longer part of the NFLPA. I'm sure his family gave the okay or they would have to pull these from packs.

I just looked at an ebay auction and it mentions the Pat Tillman foundation on the back. I'm sure Panini got clearance from them to make the card.

(08-04-2019, 11:15 PM)david campos Wrote: In order to include Pat's card in the new product, they have to get the estate or family of Pat's approval for inclusion in the set since he is no longer part of the NFLPA. I'm sure his family gave the okay or they would have to pull these from packs.

I just looked at an ebay auction and it mentions the Pat Tillman foundation on the back. I'm sure Panini got clearance from them to make the card.
Oh yeah, I have no doubt they cleared it ... I just felt funny about buying new stuff after his death.

And who knows, maybe they did work out some kind of donation to his foundation behind the scenes in exchange for the licensing.

But on the other hand, it's really good to see new cards of his.