`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP RETAIL ROOKIES BLUE QUESTION

SP RETAIL ROOKIES BLUE QUESTION
So this is more to the boys at Beckett but wondering what everyone else thinks.

In the 2018-19 SP hockey -- the retail version-- the base rookies are numbered to /1199, and the blue parallels are unnumbered. The base are 3 times harder to pull. So why are the blue parallels priced higher. Seems to me they should be half as much or even lower. The Profiles Inserts are the same why -- parallels listed higher but are a lot more common.

RE: SP RETAIL ROOKIES BLUE QUESTION
Just to let you know, it is not often that the Admin Team checks on the Forums. There were a few people that were slated for the job, but they have found other endeavours. Other than that, I have no idea what to tell you, other than to remember that this is just a guide, not the be-all-end-all of card pricing. Various markets appease various people. Hope that this helps a touch. Best wishes!

Randi

I agree with you completely!
I just cannot understand the posted prices.
I contacted a person at Beckett and they said their prices were based on actual sales, but I cannot see why true RC's would sell for less than Blue versions, which are MUCH easier to pull.
I do not think their multiplier for base Blues should apply to RC's or to Authentic Profiles (/649).
I know this reduces my reliance on Beckett BV's, even though I know that the values are only a guide.
What else can I use for a quick guide? I don't have the time to average eBay sold prices.

(07-22-2019, 11:08 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: So this is more to the boys at Beckett but wondering what everyone else thinks.

In the 2018-19 SP hockey -- the retail version-- the base rookies are numbered to /1199, and the blue parallels are unnumbered. The base are 3 times harder to pull. So why are the blue parallels priced higher. Seems to me they should be half as much or even lower. The Profiles Inserts are the same why -- parallels listed higher but are a lot more common.

(07-26-2019, 05:31 PM)asoknb Wrote: I agree with you completely!
I just cannot understand the posted prices.
I contacted a person at Beckett and they said their prices were based on actual sales, but I cannot see why true RC's would sell for less than Blue versions, which are MUCH easier to pull.
I do not think their multiplier for base Blues should apply to RC's or to Authentic Profiles (/649).
I know this reduces my reliance on Beckett BV's, even though I know that the values are only a guide.
What else can I use for a quick guide? I don't have the time to average eBay sold prices.
When I listed mine on ebay I listed them 1/2 Beckett low-- and still no takers. The "actual sales" part to me seems to be completely bogus to me though.

Saw this problem once before where a parallel of a base card -- in baseball i believe-- was much easier to get then the base. They had it backwards to start but did eventually fixed it.