IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optic ... should've just set my money on fire

RE: Optic ... should've just set my money on fire
(07-21-2019, 02:16 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Prospects
20190721_020203
That is one of the more expensive Royce Lewis cards I have seen...not value, but the cost of it!

(07-22-2019, 09:52 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Jared, my friend, just remember ... although you only got one auto, that allows some other happy collector somewhere to pull three autos in his box ... for an average of two autos per box!

(just razzing you big guy ... glad the ER worked out OK)

I'll trade you something decent for the Casey Mize and the Vladdy Jr. if you're up for it ... PM me, thanks!

RJ
Amazingly, this is the first issue I've had with Panini in terms of missing hits.

I wasn't even really searching for autos, but the lack of color was crazy. I bought two Optic basketball boxes last winter and the autos weren't great, but the amount of color I got was crazy. I was hoping this would be something similar.

Mize and Vlad are certainly available for trade. My nephew is coming to visit this week, so I'm a bit busy this week, but things should be back to normal after that.
(07-22-2019, 12:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: That is one of the more expensive Royce Lewis cards I have seen...not value, but the cost of it!
Hahaha. Yeah, same here. For that price I was at least hoping to get the Kirilloff, too.
I finally got in touch with someone at Panini. Now the question becomes, is it worth it to spend $3 to ship them the box top, a letter of explanation, and the receipt to get a $4 auto?
Kepler

So, why wouldn't it be that you ship back the entire box contents for a new unopened Box?

(07-22-2019, 04:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: So, why wouldn't it be that you ship back the entire box contents for a new unopened Box?
To me, that would make the most sense. But I'm guessing too many people would abuse the policy - maybe combine commons and bad inserts, autos from multiple boxes into one.

Not sure, but I'd gladly do that.
Kepler

(07-22-2019, 04:14 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: So, why wouldn't it be that you ship back the entire box contents for a new unopened Box?
So this actually happened to me a couple of years ago, with the Topps WalMart Holiday "Snowflake" boxes.

It was supposed to be one auto or relic per box ... I was missing the hit, so they asked me for a copy of the receipt, the entire box of cards and some missing hit form.

Finally after waiting about two months, they sent me an auto and a jersey card of two guys who were not in MLB at that time, as well as all my cards back in their original (opened) packs and the opened box.

I was like, what was the point of that, other than wasting a lot of time, money and postage?

Hi Contact https://www.paniniamerica.net/
They are very good at making sure you get the stated guaranteed cards
Bob
Looking for ...
1)autos of Gwynn, Headley, Venable, as well as Chargers... Gates, and Rivers.
2) autos/gu'd of Baldelli, Zobrist, rare Red Soxs
3) HOF autos, game-used and #<50

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/

Panini is not, however, very speedy on damage replacements these days.

I sent seven cards from a retail rack pack in for replacement, which they received June 24.

Three weeks later there still had been no status change (they used to take about two weeks), so I called and the guy said they're at about 10 to 14 weeks right now on replacements.

Surprisingly, I've already heard back from them and it says a replacement has been issued.

If I'm reading it correctly I'll be receiving a Jake Bauers auto /125. If that's the case, it's probably better than what I would have received had it been in the box.

Fingers crossed.
Kepler