`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2019 Prestige, Elite, and Contenders

RE: 2019 Prestige, Elite, and Contenders
(07-18-2019, 06:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I just appreciate that Prestige got the rookies in their pro uniforms before camp has even opened.

I remember attending Raiders training camp back in Darren McFadden's rookie year (2008), and his only cards were Arkansas draft pick stuff.

I got one signed but always wished it could have been on a pro card.

One criticism I do have of rookie cards in general ... I can't stand the Combine/spandex stuff, especially for the linemen ... not very flattering.

I would much rather have a college shot if they don't have a pro jersey shot.

But overall I like this year's Prestige set better than most years.

I thought a cool wrinkle in the 2015 set was when the pro uni RCs were seeded as variations, and the base RCs were college shots.

I was lucky enough to pull Jameis Winston's Tampa Bay SP out of a blaster, it's still one of my favorite cards.
+1

(07-18-2019, 01:23 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've also had pretty good luck with the $4.99 retail jumbos ... I've bought 8 over the last week or so and pulled most of the good RCs, including a Kyler Murray Green Extra Points parallel.

No auto or mem cards, though.
To fill in the set, I got a couple of the $9.99 hanger boxes and got a green Xtra Points auto out of one of them. Both had a numbered rookie parallel to /299 or /399

(07-29-2019, 04:40 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: To fill in the set, I got a couple of the $9.99 hanger boxes and got a green Xtra Points auto out of one of them. Both had a numbered rookie parallel to /299 or /399
Wow, nice! Who was your auto?

(07-29-2019, 04:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Wow, nice! Who was your auto?
Jordan Scarlet 5th Round RB for Carolina

Hey Josh, if you still want the Josh Allen Elite variations, I could use the Prestige Clelin Ferrell and Josh Allen (Jaguars) RCs ... PM me, thanks!

RJ