`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Disappointing 2 Weeks

A Disappointing 2 Weeks
After reaching my 500th trade recently, things have gone a bit sour in the past two weeks.

- Topps Museum Collection is still not priced
- I got a 'postage due' on a trade with one of the veterans
- I am unable to clear my collection of football cards no matter how sweet a deal I advertise
- I am waiting longer than usual to get traders to mail out my end of the deal because of the July 4th holiday (I guess)

And, several trade attempts have failed because the other person wants the high-end prospects and RCs from me, but when I request some they act like I am pulling their teeth. Really?!

RE: A Disappointing 2 Weeks
ahh man, I hope I am not on this list... I promise, I'll get your end out in like the next 3 or 4 days!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Holidays can be tough. I know, it has slowed down..people gone or busy with kids etc..
Postage due it a pain, was it a PWE? Or just guessing at putting stamps on..with Paypal postage, the guess work is out..

(07-12-2019, 02:54 AM)flamethrower Wrote: ahh man, I hope I am not on this list... I promise, I'll get your end out in like the next 3 or 4 days!
No, I was not referring to you.

(07-12-2019, 05:20 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Holidays can be tough. I know, it has slowed down..people gone or busy with kids etc..
Postage due it a pain, was it a PWE? Or just guessing at putting stamps on..with Paypal postage, the guess work is out..
It was a trade sent in a large envelope with 2 stamps on it. Clearly, not enough and I am not sure what the thought was.

Ha!

I've gone through this exact same thing before.

This is actually a pretty funny read now that I look back on it ...

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1549865.html

Basically a profanity laced tirade about the woes of trading.

Hang in there!

My dad used to say something pertaining to this predicament:
"Sometimes Apples, Sometimes Leaves!"

Or probably more relatable here on a baseball card board, paraphrased from Bull Durham:
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains!"

Keep plugging along K&B, hopefully things get much better and the whole thing averages out in your favor.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.