`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Boxes of 1999-00 MVP. Gold, Super Script, Souvenirs and More!!!

3 Boxes of 1999-00 MVP. Gold, Super Script, Souvenirs and More!!!
I take flight tomorrow for the Meigray expo and if there's one thing I hate, it is flying as well as the entire airport experience. To ease my nerves, I stopped by Wayne's Sports Cards today and bought a few cheap boxes of 1999-00 Upper Deck MVP because I love the older stuff and big hits from those older products tend to hold their value a lot better than the newer stuff I have found.

Anyways, I didn't expect this many hits.

Each box had a Gold Script:
Shawn Bates #45/100
Trevor Linden #94/100
Brendan Shanahan #28/100

Not bad, I've opened boxes without Gold Scripts before.

One box had an Alexei Yashin game used puck card. Decent, memorabilia was a tougher hit, Yashin or not.

Then there was one wild pack in the final box. In it was two regular inserts, plus:
Joe Sakic game used souvenirs stick card
Josh Holden Super Script #19/25

But it didn't end, I saved the Wayne Gretzky Exclusives packs for last and sure enough, I hit a gold version #64/99.

So long story short, don't ever dismiss the older Upper Deck stuff, there be gold in them there hills!

[Image: 9900mvp_zpsztutxr4x.jpg]

RE: 3 Boxes of 1999-00 MVP. Gold, Super Script, Souvenirs and More!!!
Great break! Those older scripts were really nice cards

RE: 3 Boxes of 1999-00 MVP. Gold, Super Script, Souvenirs and More!!!
You did well! Loving the scripts esp Shanny and Linden (too bad it's not a Canuck jersey) and the Sakic is awesome. I loved back when pulling a gu wasn't a guarantee, made it all the more special when you hit one. UD did a great job on the design of these cards esp the scripts, prosign and game used. MVP has always been a fun product to break. I look forward to breaking a box next week when I get to visit my LCS which is 1200 km away lol.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.