`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you store/sort your stuff that's FT/FS?
06-14-2019, 02:26 PM
How do you store/sort your stuff that's FT/FS?
Been loading up my ORG over the past few weeks, and everything just goes into a box as I load into the system. Therefore, nothing is in order. So I'm looking for ideas.

Right now my ORG is broken into categories: HOFer/Star cards sorted alphabetically by player (Trout, Aaron, Jeter, DeGrom, you get the idea). all autos and GUd are in one folder, Vintage (sorted by year) and PC needs (with a folder for each team/set I'm looking to complete).

When it comes to storing them in my office at home, how do you store them? Would you do the same way, i.e. a box of vintage sorted by year, a box of stars/HOFers sorted alphabetically by player and then all other inserts stored by brand (2019 Prizm, 2018 Topps/Update, etc.). Or would you store them sorted alphabetically? Or by team?

Just trying to get some ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: How do you store/sort your stuff that's FT/FS?
Tough question! I have actually changed by storage system 3 times and spent hours upon hours reorganizing my cards.

Currently, I have 'Stars to Keep' sorted alphabetical, complete sets sorted by year then product, and trade away sorted alphabetical. Problem is if I ever get new cards of a player to keep, I have to move things around to make them fit.

Sorting by team was a big mistake for me. So was sorting by year except for complete sets.
06-14-2019, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2019 08:25 AM by zeprock.)
I sort my stars by player alphabetically in boxes, all in top loaders (or penny sleeves for cards less than $1).

Any non-star cards are in bigger boxes sorted by brand, (Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck, Bowman, Pacific, etc.). In those boxes they are stored chronologically by year and alphabetically by set. For example: The first row in my Topps box is 2019 Topps (all alphabetically), followed by 2019 Topps inserts (alphabetically), followed by 2019 Topps Big League, 2019 Topps Gypsy Queen, then Topps Heritage (base set first followed by inserts). Then it's 2018 Topps base, A & G, Archives, Big League, Chrome, Gallery, Gold Label, Gypsy Queen, Heritage, Museum, Stadium Club, Opening Day, Tribute, Triple Threads, Update then WalMart Holiday Snowflake. Anything $1 or higher plus all inserts are penny sleeved.

That seems to work the best for me.These are just my cards for trade. PC cards are a totally different story.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
06-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Zeprok, ever sort by number? so you can tell if it came from series 1 or 2 or Update
06-15-2019, 02:18 AM
I'm like Zeprock, I've started to organize everything by year and brand and then numerical order. It took some work to get it organized like this but every time I complete a trade I'm glad I did. I was beginning to chase cards all over my office through dozens of boxes. I still have a lot of organizing to do but it feels good every time I complete a given year's worth of inventory. I started with 2019 and have been working backwards. I contemplated keeping HOF and RC cards seperate but it really does simplify things just having them in the same place with the rest of their set.

Collecting Sandy Koufax, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw
06-15-2019, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2019 04:42 AM by bonds20001.)
I have pictures from long ago, but the organization is still about the same..

link is this my pics are near the bottom

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1536532.html?highlight=organize
06-15-2019, 06:38 PM
(06-15-2019 04:41 AM)bonds20001 Wrote:  I have pictures from long ago, but the organization is still about the same..

link is this my pics are near the bottom

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1536532.html?highlight=organize

Wow! That's nicely organized. and to think I was proud of myself when I put P-touch labels on my plastic boxes.

curious as to where you get the cases that you put the binders into. They look like normal Ultra-Pro binders, correct?
06-16-2019, 06:02 AM
(06-15-2019 06:38 PM)ronheffner Wrote:  Wow! That's nicely organized. and to think I was proud of myself when I put P-touch labels on my plastic boxes.

curious as to where you get the cases that you put the binders into. They look like normal Ultra-Pro binders, correct?

The plastic drawers are from the Container Store and discontinued. The Binders are Ultra Pro and the binder holder (which are stored horizontally now) are from the Bindertek store, but not cheap, they hold the binder secure and keep down the dust. I need a better picture, but Photobucket want $$ and are holding my pictures hostage..
06-16-2019, 07:44 AM
Gotcha, thanks for the answer. Have you had any issues over the years with the pages bending in the binders? I assume that may be way you store them horizontally now?

I am primarily a set collector and right now I have my sets in binders. I don't have nearly as much as some of you guys but it sure does grow steadily! I've been looking for ideas on ways to store them aside from white cardboard boxes stacked on a shelf.
06-16-2019, 08:30 AM
(06-14-2019 08:36 PM)OsBohs89 Wrote:  Zeprok, ever sort by number? so you can tell if it came from series 1 or 2 or Update

The only cards I store numerically are multi-player cards.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html