`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rejected autograph

rejected autograph
I submitted an auto I received in person from Mike Trout when he was playing for team USA after his first year in pro ball. I got the email back today saying that the autograph was not authenticated. My questions is there an explanation in the packaging they send back? Is there an appeal process? Besides a picture while he is signing the card is there any way I can prove he signed it? I am thinking since it was early in his career they don't have many examples of his signature and that is why it was rejected buy maybe it has something to do with the card. Thanks for your help.

RE: rejected autograph
marcnoel Wrote:I submitted an auto I received in person from Mike Trout when he was playing for team USA after his first year in pro ball.  I got the email back today saying that the autograph was not authenticated.  My questions is there an explanation in the packaging they send back?  Is there an appeal process?  Besides a picture while he is signing the card is there any way I can prove he signed it?  I am thinking since it was early in his career they don't have many examples of his signature and that is why it was rejected buy maybe it has something to do with the card.  Thanks for your help.
Dude, that sucks. I know the feeling. Today I received notification that the (11) IP/TTM autographs I sent to Beckett ALL WERE CONFIRMED NON-AUTHENTIC. I mean, how can this be? I don't know 100% that they are all legit but, NONE of them? I really find that hard to believe as I have acquired them over the last 5-10 yrs from different collectors, dealers, sellers. They are also various sports. NFL, NASCAR, NBA. I thought 2-3 might come back as fake but all 11? So, upset, mad, etc. Please post back on what you find out. Thanks and GL. Ed

Autograph Rejection
Did you obtain any of these autographs yourself your were they all purchased from other people or obtained through the mail?  The problem with TTM autographs is so many of these famous people out there get huge amounts of fan mail and to make their fans happy they use stamps, autopen, and secretaries that can closely replicate their signatures.  In person is only really in person if you personally see the item signed, a lot of times people will hand an item to a staff member for a celerity of whatever kind and ask for an autograph, and the staffer, manager...or whoever will signed it and hand it back, so it's not really in person.  Don't feel bad, I made the same mistakes when I started collection.  Just keep in mind 3 things.  First of all is remember the vast majority of autographs out there are fakes, one way or another, so ask questions, find out when and where it was signed, learn some basic's of spotting a fake, and always ask the seller if they offer a lifetime guaranteed authentic and that it will pass 3rd party certification and will refund you money if it doesn't.  2nd,  a COA is only as good a the person who issues it, PSA/JSA/Becket certify a LOT of fake and fail a lot of real stuff, so always do you homework and I would recommend using services and authenticators endorsed by UACC or AFTAL, as none of the 3 I mentioned are recommended by any of the 3 reputable autograph collectors clubs like UACC, AFTAL, and RACC and if your confident something is real go to UACC or AFTAL's website, select a service, and get another opinion, especially if your primary interest is making sure your autograph is real and not trying to run up the price to sell something.  Also, always remember, if it seems too good to be true it usually is.  I hope this is helpful!

Lol they rejected my joe burrow signature that i personally witnessed him sign... Not sure what the process is.

(06-07-2019, 03:26 PM)marcnoel Wrote: I submitted an auto I received in person from Mike Trout when he was playing for team USA after his first year in pro ball.  I got the email back today saying that the autograph was not authenticated.  My questions is there an explanation in the packaging they send back?  Is there an appeal process?  Besides a picture while he is signing the card is there any way I can prove he signed it?  I am thinking since it was early in his career they don't have many examples of his signature and that is why it was rejected buy maybe it has something to do with the card.  Thanks for your help.
Hey, did you ever figure this out? I just had a similar situation with a signed card fro Steve Irwin so I am very confused/irritated.

this will continue to grow as a problem. not sure there is a real solution out there so i just set my expectations that my IP will be for my personal collection. at least i know it's real and in tact with the memories of getting it. good luck