`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your current cardboard crush?

RE: What is your current cardboard crush?
Thanks Doc.
I spent too much fixing up my house for sale (fixed underlining problems) prepairing to buy another house 500+/- miles away but NOT leaving Tx and adopting my Grandchild through all this has dwindled my collecting, trading and to make up for the unexpected course I am having to sell some of my good cards,
My Koufax, Kershaw, Chapman white whale ends tomorrow, Griffey bat barrell red ink Joe Dimaggio and Ted Williams is already up on the block right now.

I have others that I can sell as well but if push comes to shove I will do whatever it takes to get this adoption done

Here is the card.
[Image: 70.jpg]
(06-08-2019, 07:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I hope you can hold onto that card as well! It would be a shame. Assuming you need the money, so hoping your money problems vanish before you need to sell a rare card that is near and dear to you!
Would love to see a pic.
-----------------------
As for me, and my answer to this thread, my head has been in Comic Book mode getting ready for the upcoming Miami / South Florida SuperCon this July 4th weekend. My eldest daughter and I get a table and sell off tee-shirts that she designed in order for her to earn some spending money while she's at colllege. My other 2 girls sell off stuff they don't want, can't use, or would throw away. Last year they made up grab bags with little toys from McDonalds, Burger King, etc. and some of their old ninja turtles stuff and sold them for a buck a bag. They made spending money on stuff they were going to throw and they spent that money at the show on stuff that will no doubt be sold next year Smile
I've been digging up boxes and boxes of old toys that were packed away for years, pricing them out and getting them ready to sell at the convention.

The only things that I found that was baseball related & I was drooling over was an old (1972?) 7-11 Willie Mays slurpee cup (I still remember the brain freeze I experienced after sucking down that cola slurpee Smile ) and a Derek Jeter Frosted Flakes Cereal Box from 1997-1998 ... very cool, and totally forgot about it for years.
Oh those 7-11 slurpee cups. My Brother in Law still has all of his cups. The last time I seen them was 3 or 4 years ago and he had over 700 of those cups. They have been sitting in boxes since 1980 and look as new as they first came out. (he graduated high school in 1980 and went to the oil patch in Bryan College Station

I tried to buy 1 Nolan Ryan cup from him and he said " No. Maybe one day but today is not the day"
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-08-2019, 11:36 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Thanks Doc.
I spent too much fixing up my house for sale (fixed underlining problems) prepairing to buy another house 500+/- miles away but NOT leaving Tx and adopting my Grandchild through all this has dwindled my collecting, trading and to make up for the unexpected course I am having to sell some of my good cards,
My Koufax, Kershaw, Chapman white whale ends tomorrow, Griffey bat barrell red ink Joe Dimaggio and Ted Williams is already up on the block right now.

I have others that I can sell as well but if push comes to shove I will do whatever it takes to get this adoption done
Sheesh, I thought I was busy! Good luck on the sale and the adoption! A grandchild is alway much better than any piece of cardboard!
(Now, I'm saying this next thing, just to make you feel better ... okay? Okay!)
Besides, that's a pretty sucky card anyway! Wink

(06-08-2019, 11:36 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I tried to buy 1 Nolan Ryan cup from him and he said " No. Maybe one day but today is not the day"
I hope he changes his mind!

Sorry Tanner for slightly derailing the topic.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

mine would have to be 1984 fleer Nolan Ryan. because my dad gave it to me to start my collection
collecting Nolan Ryan, Jose Altuve,Rickey Henderson, Mike Trout,Ozzie Albies

[Image: iglesias001_zpstdlhikeh.jpg]

I like Iglesias when he was with the Red Sox. Still an underrated player.

I knew the 1/1 Superfractor would grade a 9, but wanted it graded anyway.
Worst part of this is I swear the Orange Refractor had 4 sharp black corners when I sent it out to PSA...then comes back graded 9 with some soft white on one of the corners.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

My 1933 Delong Pie Traynor psa 5

(06-07-2019, 08:37 PM)hempick Wrote: ... '33 Goudey Lou Gehrig... ...Honorable mention, '33 Sport Kings Jim Thorpe.
Dammm!

For me, 78 Murray, got me hooked. And, the 91 Elite Brett which I traded for the Murray but somehow got it back, my first "hit"

Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

For now, I would have to say mine is my 2011 Bowman Draft Mike Trout RC, but I'd leave it in a second if a better looking model came along (Topps Update or Bowman Chrome RC) LOL!!!

Im also pretty fond of my newly acquired Topps Update Yelich RC.

I'd have to say my 1994 Upper Deck Series 1 Ken Griffey Jr / Mickey Mantle dual auto. Currently working on acquiring both Mickey's and Jr's stand alone versions of the card as well.