`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowman Megaboxes

RE: Bowman Megaboxes
I don't have an LCS, so if I get the itch, it's usually with blasters. I had the itch to bust some '19 Bowman as well, and haven't been able to find a single box. Oh well. Heritage it is Smile
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(05-22-2019, 08:09 AM)SammyBaseball24 Wrote: Any interest in trading for these?

See attached.
Just for curiosity, what do you want for one or two of those?

Two completely different scenarios here.

If he was in the right place and the right time and cleared out retail inventory and wants to re-sell the unopened boxes at a mark-up, well, OK.

Not my thing and I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole on principle, but I guess nothing wrong with it.

Theoretically the cards are still in mint condition and you still have the same chance at the hits - but there's also nothing stopping him from opening them until he hits the auto and then selling the rest of the duds.

But I do confront every single doosh bag pack searcher I run into and I ask them if they live in their mom's basement, if they've ever kissed a girl and do they fathom how much of an actual loser they are - I'm a big dude so I can get away with it - and 99 percent of the time this is what they reply with:

"Hey, maaaaaaaannnnn, we all have the same chance at these."

And then I inform that we indeed do not have the same chance because they've already dug their Cheeto-encrusted fingernails into the sides of the packs trying to figure out which ones contain the $2 single white swatch jersey card or the $2 scrub auto, so I won't be buying those but I will be calling security over.

That usually clears out the cockroaches.

Now, to be clear, I have cleared out inventory more than once, but I always busted them for myself and my PCs, so I guess I'm a slightly higher class cockroach, LOL.

Wow...wasn't going to try to mark them up, was going to ask $22 each, but either way, my son and I opened them all! Lots of fun. IMO there is absolutely no reason not to buy them all if they are on the shelves. I mean, why not? If you're grilling out and there are 5 filets left do you only buy 3 so the next guy has a shot a 2? No I don't think so.

(05-27-2019, 08:40 AM)SammyBaseball24 Wrote: If you're grilling out and there are 5 filets left do you only buy 3 so the next guy has a shot a 2? No I don't think so.
This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard about buying out stock. If you're grilling out, you buy the number of filets you need not the entire store's stock.
That being said, I have no issue with buying out the entire stock whether to open yourself or to resell. I would do the same if I came across any. It's just that your argument regarding steaks was a bit ridiculous.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/