`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Living Set

Topps Living Set
Curious if anyone here collects cards from the Topps Living Set. If you do, what is the quality of the cards? Do you enjoy collecting cards from this set?

I collect Dodgers and considering buying a few, but looking for feedback from collectors of the set.

Thanks Much!

BC

RE: Topps Living Set
(05-17-2019, 09:10 PM)bluecrew65 Wrote: Curious if anyone here collects cards from the Topps Living Set. If you do, what is the quality of the cards? Do you enjoy collecting cards from this set?

I collect Dodgers and considering buying a few, but looking for feedback from collectors of the set.

Thanks Much!

BC
I have the first 168 cards from the set then I stopped purchasing them weekly. Now I will pick up Cubs, some stars, and Hall of Fame players. I enjoy the set but committing $60 a month did not make sense to me. Cards are great looking but usually off center. I have a few extra Jeter's and Ohtani's if interested in trade (not marked for trade yet).

Scott

(05-18-2019, 05:31 AM)garrisc Wrote: I have the first 168 cards from the set then I stopped purchasing them weekly. Now I will pick up Cubs, some stars, and Hall of Fame players. I enjoy the set but committing $60 a month did not make sense to me. Cards are great looking but usually off center. I have a few extra Jeter's and Ohtani's if interested in trade (not marked for trade yet).

Scott
Thanks Scott for the information. I appreciate the offer for the Jeter and Ohtani cards and will keep that in mind. Much appreciated.

Tim

I have about 20 or so. I pick up Red Sox, some of the rookies, stars, and HOFers I really like(I usually get the 3 card bundle). The art is great, however I wish the card stock was somewhat thicker. The card stock on the Throwback Thursday cards is perfect and it would be better if they used that. As Scott said there have been centering and condition issues but the ones I have are great.

(05-18-2019, 09:18 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: I have about 20 or so. I pick up Red Sox, some of the rookies, stars, and HOFers I really like(I usually get the 3 card bundle). The art is great, however I wish the card stock was somewhat thicker. The card stock on the Throwback Thursday cards is perfect and it would be better if they used that. As Scott said there have been centering and condition issues but the ones I have are great.
Thanks for the information. Looks like I will get a few Dodgers as well as a few others.

I have a handful of ones I picked up either at release or shortly there after. Overall the quality is comparable to Topps Heritage.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/