`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps reprints

Topps reprints
Back in the late 90's and early 2000's Topps did reprints of Mantle, Mays, Clemente, Ryan and Aaron. I got all of the first four but am still missing nine cards from the Aaron reprints. My hope is that some of you out there can help me finish this set.

RE: Topps reprints
does anybody have any of these that I need?

Come on guys. Some one has to have some of these for trade.

(05-20-2019, 02:02 PM)cspen Wrote: Come on guys. Some one has to have some of these for trade.
I don't think I have any of them for keeps, let alone for trade!
Good luck and if I find them somewhere, I'll let you know!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have found a few people who may have some of the Aaron reprints i'm looking for and sent them open trades but I haven't heard back from any of them.

Why is it that when you send an open trade to someone and the system says they were just on that they can't even acknowledge the trade offer?

I do not have any of those reprints. Sorry.

(05-22-2019, 12:39 PM)cspen Wrote: Why is it that when you send an open trade to someone and the system says they were just on that they can't even acknowledge the trade offer?
My suggestion:
After you send a trade offer, PM the person too. I hardly check my trade page, but PMs are alerted on the Forum page. I might not check for weeks at a time. Maybe there are others like myself?
Also, if you've never conversed with that potential trader before on the forum, it might be good to have a little friendly PM convo to let them know you're a 'good person' and not some miscellaneous scammer.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I am back to needing 9 cards again. I sent open offers to a few people but after several days not one of them acknowledged it so I canceled the trades. So i'm still looking.

I have these cards and love them!
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]