`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What do you want most from a trading card product?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More autographs/box
20.00%
4 20.00%
Licsensed cards (Have logos/team names)
5.00%
1 5.00%
Unique Cards (die cut, serial #'d, unique GW items, etc)
35.00%
7 35.00%
On-Card Autos
30.00%
6 30.00%
Redemptions for GW jerseys/items
0%
0 0%
Other (please specify in thread)
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Back into the hobby, need advice

RE: Getting Back into the hobby, need advice
I voted for more autographs.
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

(05-18-2019, 02:05 AM)DCM7734 Wrote: I'm going to say more autos and just hits in general. For the price of some of these products, it's rediqulous what you get back from them. Usually, the middle'ish tier of higher end gives you crap for your hits, and you have maybe 1:10 odds to get a good hit.
I've actually found better luck with the lower tier hobby products than the middle tier products (I don't buy the high tier ones, they cost too much) - I've gotten more good autographs out of Score hobby boxes than Contenders

Did somebody ein an auto? It has been quite some time since.

I am an old school vintage collector. I have been make sets since the early 60's and have gone back to do sets before I was born. I voted for more unique cards. I loved the fact that each year in the 50's and 60's the cards looked so different. Now It is hard to tell sets of most cards apart unless you turn the card over. Autographs do very little for me .I have a 1600 count box of nobody autographs I have accumulated making sets. Boxes are full of mostly worthless autos. It doesn't matter how many autos per box if you have spent $150 or $200 on a box and 3 of your 4 autos never made a team. Redemptions stink and some companies never even send them out. I love old vintage and the unique inserts of the 90's. Would much rather get a one per box insert of Barry Sanders or Michael Jordan than some auto of a player that never dresses for a game. I would bring back the great inserts of star players . Lastly , event worn cards are an absolute joke. I coached a former first round draft pick as a high school football coach and he explained how he wore a jersey for 20 seconds at a NFL photo shoot so they could sell the jerseys for cards. Even game worn products are questionable.
Photobucket