`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found this in a cabinet I hardly ever use...

Found this in a cabinet I hardly ever use...
Long story short, my parents moved in with me about 15 years ago because their house was destroyed and they didn't have insurance on the place.

As far back as I can remember, my mom hid Christmas presents around the house so that my sister and I wouldn't find them before December 25th, but she frequently forgot where she hid them. I can distinctly remember one time asking for a specific Drew Bledsoe card for Christmas (1996 or 1997, maybe) and I was all excited on the big day. I opened the present that I thought it was in and there was an IOU for the card because she lost it. She ended up finding the actual card around June of that year.

Anyway, fast forward to more recently and I happened to be doing some cleaning in a part of my place I don't often use and this was in a cabinet door that I opened up:    

I asked her about it and she said, "Ohhhh yeah, I forgot. I bought that for you for Christmas around 2009. Maybe 2010. I can't really remember."

Now if we could only find her old Yogi Berra rookies and other vintage baseball cards.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't really know what else might be sitting in my place that she forgot about.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: Found this in a cabinet I hardly ever use...
Sweet find. Are you going to open it? Good luck.

(05-13-2019, 09:07 AM)akaus Wrote: Sweet find. Are you going to open it? Good luck.
I don't think so. I have a small collection of sealed boxes, so I think I'm just going to keep it with that.

She actually bought me two (or maybe it was three?) others that she DID give to me years ago and I busted those. Ended up pulling a LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo rookie out of them.

That is awesome. Congrats on getting all the good rookies. I wouldn't be able to keep the box sealed. I'm weak.

(05-13-2019, 11:55 AM)akaus Wrote: That is awesome. Congrats on getting all the good rookies. I wouldn't be able to keep the box sealed. I'm weak.
Oh, actually I just checked my database. I was mixed up. I did NOT pull the Wade. I pulled the LeBron, Carmelo, and two Bosh rookies.

I must have bought the Wade Finest rookie off of eBay or something.

Still a pretty good haul, though.

That is still pretty darn good. If you get tired of the Lebron, feel free to send it to me.

WOW! That is an amazing find! The price this goes for now you could buy a case of cards! Congrats!

That is a nice box to find hidden away. I would give in to temptation and rip the box open.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(05-13-2019, 01:56 PM)akaus Wrote: That is still pretty darn good. If you get tired of the Lebron, feel free to send it to me.
Hahaha, doubtful that I will, but if that ever happened I already promised it to a friend who loves him. I'll keep you in mind if my friend changes his mind, though!

(05-13-2019, 03:05 PM)magneto2 Wrote: WOW! That is an amazing find! The price this goes for now you could buy a case of cards! Congrats!
Right? That is why I can't open it. I'd hate to bust it open and get nothing.

But it could have a Superfractor of Lebron! or absolutely nothing. Sweet find all the same!