Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home run challenge ... accepted!!!

Home run challenge ... accepted!!!
So, I pulled Ozzie Albies, George Springer & Christian Yelich
Ozzie and George will be batting for me on Mother's Day, while Christian will be there 10 days later.
So, due to the rules of the game, I'd make sure your players are going to be at domed stadiums since rain can cancel a game and you don't get a 'rain check' for another game
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Home run challenge ... accepted!!!
George Springer came through for me, while Albies went 0 for 4 today.
So as far as the HR challenge goes ... I'm batting .500 ! Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice, Doc!

I think I've got a Manny, and one other one that I can't remember. I think I blocked it out because it's something that's been injured.
Kepler

(05-12-2019, 08:14 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Nice, Doc!

I think I've got a Manny, and one other one that I can't remember. I think I blocked it out because it's something that's been injured.
Thanks!
Yeah, there are so many ways to lose in this game.
Your player could simply not hit it out of the park, not leg out an inside the park HR.
Your player could be injured.
Your player could be given a rest day.
Your player could be demoted to AAA.
Your team can be rained out.
The game could be cancelled and rescheduled at a later time.

One way to definitely lose ... forget to enter in the first place. Scratch it, Enter it ... even if injured, push it to the last game before the deadline.

(05-12-2019, 11:21 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
Yeah, there are so many ways to lose in this game.
Your player could simply not hit it out of the park, not leg out an inside the park HR.
Your player could be injured.
Your player could be given a rest day.
Your player could be demoted to AAA.
Your team can be rained out.
The game could be cancelled and rescheduled at a later time.

One way to definitely lose ... forget to enter in the first place. Scratch it, Enter it ... even if injured, push it to the last game before the deadline.
I lost out today because Yelich had back spasms yesterday and didn't play today Sad
At least I got 1 out of the three ( but really wanted Yelich the most)

I pulled 7 and decided to redeem these last month and picked 6 today/tonight to hit a home run for all but one (end of the month), so fa hit 3 of 6 with Correra still left for tonight. Picked tonight because it was a family member's birthday. Not too shabby.

ALEX BREGMAN 2019-08-15
Gleyber Torres 2019-08-15
Ronald Acuna, Jr. 2019-08-15
Correa ?

unsuccessful tonight:
Rhys Hoskins
Javier Baez (didnt play)
(08-15-2019, 10:14 PM)Dukester Wrote: I pulled 7 and decided to redeem these last month and picked 6 today/tonight to hit a home run for all but one (end of the month), so fa hit 3 of 6 with Correra still left for tonight. Picked tonight because it was a family member's birthday. Not too shabby.

ALEX BREGMAN 2019-08-15
Correa ?

unsuccessful tonight:
Rhys Hoskins
Javier Baez (didnt play)
----------------------------

LOL
As soon as I posted that Correa hits a HR...LOL ..4 for 6...lol

(08-15-2019, 10:14 PM)Dukester Wrote: I pulled 7 and decided to redeem these last month and picked 6 today/tonight to hit a home run for all but one (end of the month), so fa hit 3 of 6 with Correra still left for tonight. Picked tonight because it was a family member's birthday. Not too shabby.

ALEX BREGMAN 2019-08-15
Correa ?

unsuccessful tonight:
Rhys Hoskins
Javier Baez (didnt play)

----------------------------

LOL
As soon as I posted that Correa hits a HR...LOL ..4 for 6...lol
Not too bad! Not too bad at all! Congrats!
I was 1 for 3 and received my George Springer /111 HR challenge card yesterday!
i will post a pic tomorrow or next week ... got a busy 3 days coming up!

I pulled my man Trout out of a blaster a few weeks back but I think I'll leave it unscratched.

Funny thing is, one of my best buddy's birthdays is July 21 ... I was going to enter the code for that day but didn't, and of course Trout hit a HR.

I won with Goldschmidt last year but in my opinion the prize is not worth scratching the card.

(It's a nice, numbered, glossy card, don't get me wrong, but I think in the long run an unscratched Trout will hold more value.)

(08-16-2019, 10:09 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I pulled my man Trout out of a blaster a few weeks back but I think I'll leave it unscratched.
Funny thing is, one of my best buddy's birthdays is July 21 ... I was going to enter the code for that day but didn't, and of course Trout hit a HR.
I won with Goldschmidt last year but in my opinion the prize is not worth scratching the card.
(It's a nice, numbered, glossy card, don't get me wrong, but I think in the long run an unscratched Trout will hold more value.)
I guess we will see! The prize card is pretty unexciting. If it were a /10 signed card, well, then I'd be scratching like I had poison ivy, but for that prize, you're probably right about it staying pristine!

Here's the card I won!

IMG-1614