Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoid Scams using Due Diligence

RE: Avoid Scams using Due Diligence
schuberphill- springs, GA 30122

Verified this guy is bad news and well known on all the trading sites. Here's a sample taken from another site:

Removed from Damian Jays group after multiple member complaints and ripping off a member for 150.

Also Non ship to Bryan Grimm. (Damian Jay - 12/30/16 - SSE).

Ripped off Joey Higdon. Sent him picture of half of the card (5/11/17 - SSE).

Removed from vintage groups for posting a 52 Topps set for sale, for his sick daughter, that were found to be stolen pictures from a set in the Mile High auction. (12/29/16 - VSBG).

Shady issue with Sean German (SSE).

Ripped off Daniel Swets in 2016. Never shipped. Had his wife jerk him around for awhile with promises to ship. Never did (SSE).

Ripped off Byron Jackson (1/2/17 - SSE).

Tried to scam Patrick Giemzik. Posting cropped pics of cards he doesnt own. (12/13/16 - SSE).

Removed from Freedom Cardboard and Blowout forums for trying to sell cards from stolen eBay pics (Adam Pharis - 1/19/17 - SSE).

Ripped off Byron Jackson in 2016 (SSE).

2 Negative Feedbacks in (CCFG-KIR).

Tried to rip off Richard Steward and Troy Deveau (5/12/17 - SSE).

Ripped off Charlie Odorizzi for 40. Never shipped. (PM).

Multiple accounts of Admins and people asking him to coin cards, and his stock answer is that his camera is broke (5/10/17 - Justin Fulk - SSE).

Tried to rip off Michael Smith in 2015.

Reported to be a junkie, that is constantly listed in the local newspapers arrest section for stealing and crimes. (5/9/17 - Michael Smith - SSE).

Ripped off Joseph Daniel Redner for 650 in cash and cards. Never shipped. Wont respond. His wife said shed ship, because he has cancer and is sick. She never did either. (6/9/17 - SSE).

Ripped off Nick Routt. Never shipped $70 card he purchased. Never sent tracking or returned PMs. (9/13/17 - Nick Routt - SSE).
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Thanks Floyd........hopefully he didnt get anybody here
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Thanks for the history, Floydtown! Well done.

On a side note, part of due diligence is not only waiting for a tracking # from newbies but also waiting until the shipment is received and confirmed legit.

(04-13-2019, 03:34 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: +1
I'll vouch for RJ!
Awwww, shucks ... same for Doc!
(04-14-2019, 07:48 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks for the history, Floydtown! Well done.

On a side note, part of due diligence is not only waiting for a tracking # from newbies but also waiting until the shipment is received and confirmed legit.
Exactly! Anyone can fake a USPS number!

It's sad that we have to spend more time proving someone isn't a good trader than that person simply shipping first on a few trades to show that he is.

But, whatever. I learned my lesson without losing any cards and haven't let it happen since, so now I'm just hoping it hasn't happened to anyone else.

Floyd for MVP
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(04-14-2019, 05:35 PM)duck6700j Wrote: user is schuberphill whom I am sure everyone has figured out by now.
Thank you for naming this person!

Guy sounds like a real gem.

How are you guys when dealing with long time forum folks, who haven't made any trades since the BMB changeover? Just curious. I was charsupv on the original BMB, until the changeover. Then I moved to SCF (Retired Staff/HOFer), BO (still charsupv ID), FCB (where I'm a moderator) and recently started on The Bench. Also admin one of the larger, more active FB groups ND. Does my 419 @ 100% on SCF, 60 @ 100% on BO and 77 @ 100% on FCB carry any weight here? Legit question, just wanting to know what I am walking into here. Plan on geting going once I get organize figured out. If anyone cares to check and see if they can see cards for trade, that would be awesome. I've added a few to see if I am doing it correctly.
Looking for Mike Trout SP and #'d, dead HOF Jersey cards and star/HOF autos/relics.

Pics of available cards

Thanks for the information Floyd. I wonder if it ever occurred to schuberphill that it would be easier to get a legit 9-5 job. Seems like an awful lot of work to be a scammer and rip off artist.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(04-18-2019, 08:38 AM)cweiland Wrote: Thanks for the information Floyd. I wonder if it ever occurred to schuberphill that it would be easier to get a legit 9-5 job. Seems like an awful lot of work to be a scammer and rip off artist.
It is very possible he does have a job and does this crap while he is at work. Seems like many jobs these days are able to do remotely from home. There is a long-time collector on this site that usually says "I will look over your trade offer tonight at work".

(I am typing this while at work)

(04-18-2019, 03:15 AM)CatdaddysCards Wrote: How are you guys when dealing with long time forum folks, who haven't made any trades since the BMB changeover? Just curious. I was charsupv on the original BMB, until the changeover. Then I moved to SCF (Retired Staff/HOFer), BO (still charsupv ID), FCB (where I'm a moderator) and recently started on The Bench. Also admin one of the larger, more active FB groups ND. Does my 419 @ 100% on SCF, 60 @ 100% on BO and 77 @ 100% on FCB carry any weight here? Legit question, just wanting to know what I am walking into here. Plan on geting going once I get organize figured out. If anyone cares to check and see if they can see cards for trade, that would be awesome. I've added a few to see if I am doing it correctly.
Very legit question! Personally, I know nothing about the other sites and would not even think to look there when dealing with someone new, but I can understand how you would think it unfair to treat you as a newbie.

I guess when you make an offer there is a Comment Box that you could use to let the other person know exactly what you just said and think about the situation.

Good luck!

(04-18-2019, 09:29 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: It is very possible he does have a job and does this crap while he is at work. Seems like many jobs these days are able to do remotely from home. There is a long-time collector on this site that usually says "I will look over your trade offer tonight at work".

(I am typing this while at work)

Very legit question! Personally, I know nothing about the other sites and would not even think to look there when dealing with someone new, but I can understand how you would think it unfair to treat you as a newbie.

I guess when you make an offer there is a Comment Box that you could use to let the other person know exactly what you just said and think about the situation.

Good luck!
Appreciate the reply. I've considered adding all of that info to my sig, just so it's in plain sight. I fully understand everyone wanting to be safe, as we fight it daily in FB groups. Just trying to figure out what to expect, when I start trading with folks.
Looking for Mike Trout SP and #'d, dead HOF Jersey cards and star/HOF autos/relics.

Pics of available cards