`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Town

Ghost Town
It's sad to see where this page has gone. It is awful how dead the page is now. Time to find other ways of trading my things cause this way isn't working. Anyway if anyone is still aorund and wants to trade send over some trades. I have about a week left on my sub I believe then i'm going to take a vacation for a while. Hope to get some trades dones in the meantime.

RE: Ghost Town
Yup, most my trade offers go unanswered even though it shows they are on the site and trading with others. I've found the other site I trade on has slowed down the past few months too...

I'm on another as well and it has slowed a bit but not nearly as slow as this has died off.

Just a thought....... do you think the $10 US it costs to send a padded envelope to Canada has anything to do with it?
Photobucket

Sucks to see the forum so dead, and I'm a guilty party as well. I get trade offers here and there, but couldn't look at them if I wanted to because I won't pay for it anymore. Haven't been here in ages, and literally laughed a Beckett rep off the phone today with their garbage offer for the price guide and organize. Wish there was another place with this many dedicated and willing trade partners, seems it's the only site where traders are, but it's the one it costs an arm and a leg to be a part of.

P.S. Hi everyone!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(02-21-2019, 07:39 PM)sparty78 Wrote: Just a thought....... do you think the $10 US it costs to send a padded envelope to Canada has anything to do with it?
Definitely has something to do with it and not to mention the duty/import fees that can hammer you! I've been nailed hard on a couple trades where US traders put full BV's on the cards and it costs me $30-40 for the cards.

That being said, there are a lot of Canadian hockey collectors that aren't trading online anymore. I find most of the traders on here also aren't adding newer cards into their inventory (not sure if they aren't collecting or just not adding anything) so that can make it tough.

I'm still actively trading, even with the cost to ship to Canada, but mostly with the same few people (though that's not intentional, I'm definitely open to new trading partners). I've generally tried to keep up a pretty good stock of traders, but I'm questioning that approach now, particularly with base cards - I keep having to add storage to an already large set of card boxes since I'm not moving that many cards any more.

Something else to consider, UD's electronic cards site - you can buy cards as digital assets, store and organize them there on that site (so you don't have that work yourself at home), trade them immediately on-line (no shipping costs) and have the ones you want delivered to you at home. I was initially very much against the cards as digital assets approach (I like to have cards in hand and support my LCS), but there's a lot to be said for this approach. I got into this for the 18-19 Parkhurst set which I was mostly unable to buy locally here in Georgia, and there are a lot of folks doing this.....

For me personally, I will most likely stick with Beckett for the long term, since I use this as my main inventory management system, that functionality is worth the price of the OPG to me. And I'll trade here as long as there are trading partners and deals to be made.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(02-21-2019, 07:39 PM)sparty78 Wrote: Just a thought....... do you think the $10 US it costs to send a padded envelope to Canada has anything to do with it?
That shouldn't have anything to do with t because you don't have to pay $10. I never pay $10 to ship to Canada. You need to tell these postal workers that you don't need a Customs form as they try and force upon us. if its a smaller trade under 2oz which you can probably ship 6-8 cards use the #000 envelope and tell them to use it as a letter non machinable or a large envelope. it costs a few bucks. if its a bigger trade even out the cards and use a larger padded envelope and same ***** tell them large envelope non machinable. you don't need a customs form and if they try to force it on you ask for a manager. i almost got a guy fired cause he would try every time to make me fill out a form and I would say not i don't need it its under x amount of ounces. i've called all the way up the ladder and we def don't need to pay the ridiculous $10 they try and get from us. I'm telling you guys do it that way. only time I use a form is if its over $100 sale to cover my *****. Til this day kick on wood I have never had a package lost.

(02-24-2019, 04:52 PM)habs1909 Wrote: That shouldn't have anything to do with t because you don't have to pay $10. I never pay $10 to ship to Canada. You need to tell these postal workers that you don't need a Customs form as they try and force upon us. if its a smaller trade under 2oz which you can probably ship 6-8 cards use the #000 envelope and tell them to use it as a letter non machinable or a large envelope. it costs a few bucks. if its a bigger trade even out the cards and use a larger padded envelope and same ***** tell them large envelope non machinable. you don't need a customs form and if they try to force it on you ask for a manager. i almost got a guy fired cause he would try every time to make me fill out a form and I would say not i don't need it its under x amount of ounces. i've called all the way up the ladder and we def don't need to pay the ridiculous $10 they try and get from us. I'm telling you guys do it that way. only time I use a form is if its over $100 sale to cover my *****. Til this day kick on wood I have never had a package lost.
I tried that and it worked once but most of our windows clerks won't listen . Someday when I have time to wait for a supervisor I'll try again.
Photobucket

it works you just have to be persistent. 80% of the workers have no idea how to do their own job its upsurge but true