`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Autograph Question

BGS Autograph Question
I'm admittedly new to autograph grades but was a bit disappointed in a grade I recently received. I sent a 2013-14 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Highlights Auto (numbered 1 of 5) in for a grade, and came back with two 9.5s and two 9.0s, but a 6 on the Autograph, which seems impossibly low - I've attached the photo of the card.

When looking at the description of the Autograph grading scale on the Beckett site, I don't see where this signature meets any of the low standards for receiving a 6. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. The grade of the autograph will dramatically hurt the value of this card and I'd feel a bit better about it if I could get a bit of detail behind it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: BGS Autograph Question
It looks like he started signing it vertically around the AN and changed it to a horizontal autograph since it would make more sense that way. You can see the overlap where the J in his signature starts, like he started with half an M and stopped.

RE: BGS Autograph Question
(01-11-2019, 09:53 PM)francis in glendale Wrote: It looks like he started signing it vertically around the AN and changed it to a horizontal autograph since it would make more sense that way. You can see the overlap where the J in his signature starts, like he started with half an M and stopped.
Thanks for input - that makes sense. I tried to compare the signature to other iterations of Jordan autos that I've seen. It does look a bit more condensed. I thought the 6 was just a bit harsh because it's hard to even find BGS cards with that low of a grade on the auto.