`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to assess value of Mookie Betts "first day issue" Stadium Club

Trying to assess value of Mookie Betts "first day issue" Stadium Club
One frustration I have is trying to assess value of shorter print runs of cards.

I have a Mookie Betts "First Day Issue" in mint condition 2016 Stadium Club.

Does anyone here have a sense of the value?

I appreciate the help of this community.

RE: Trying to assess value of Mookie Betts "first day issue" Stadium Club
Normally I search on eBay for recent sales of either that card or another of a similar type of player.
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Trying to assess value of Mookie Betts "first day issue" Stadium Club
(12-31-2018, 12:15 PM)skrugman44 Wrote: One frustration I have is trying to assess value of shorter print runs of cards.

I have a Mookie Betts "First Day Issue" in mint condition 2016 Stadium Club.

Does anyone here have a sense of the value?

I appreciate the help of this community.
I would assume the one listed on eBay is your card?

There is really nothing special about it (refractor, serial numbered etc.), it is just another base insert Topps said is SP. If these are /10 like all the auctions say, Topps did a disservice to their customers by not adding the serial numbers to them. Shocker.

As to the value of it, I think the offers you will get on it will be below $50. It is not a RC year, it is from a lower end product etc. Looking up other /10 Betts non-auto card sales shows most of them are $35 or less. If I got an offer for $40, I'd take it and run.

With that being said, you do have one good thing going for you. If that is your card listed on eBay, there have been no sales for that card in a long time. You may find the right collector looking to add that and would be willing to overpay for it considering most of the others have found their way into private collections already.

One suggestion I do have. If the eBay auction is yours, you have it listed with a Buy It Now price that is so high it will scare off anybody wanting to offer you a "reasonable" offer. I know I tend to pass over auctions that have something listed for five times the actual value of the item.

Good luck in either acquiring the card or selling the card.