`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have you been waiting for your sub?

How long have you been waiting for your sub?
First and foremost this is not a flame post against BGS or has any intentions of being such. I was well aware of wait times prior to submitting and I wasn't about to go with PSA, there was no chance of that happening. But anyway, today marks 1yr since my submission has been received. Curious as to what other people are sitting at for there wait time so far. I'm debating if I should call up and see what's going on or just let it go and continue patiently waiting. Part of me wants to call up but I dont want to bother them and then worry about whether there gonna grade it properly or not (cause of me calling). What you guys think?

Keep up the good work guys!!!

RE: How long have you been waiting for your sub?
Seriously 12 months is a total joke.

(01-09-2019, 07:50 PM)ferraripower2005 Wrote: Seriously 12 months is a total joke.
Its what it is, like I said BGS was gonna be the way i was going. And with a 500+ card submission it had to be non-guareteed.

It'll be 1 year come 22 January 2019.

(01-10-2019, 05:19 PM)swg91 Wrote: It'll be 1 year come 22 January 2019.
I just got done talking with rep for North East. He informed me that my order is in line and to be completed no later than the end of February. So keeping fingers crossed for a end of February early March return.

What happens if BGS building burns down while holding collectors cards for 12 months. Are our cards covered by insurance during this time?

I submitted my non guaranteed order on 1-1-18. It's now 1-13-19. I have yet to hear anything.

I emailed them in August regarding an update and was told it would take 2 to 3 more months (Oct or Nov). Obviously that was not true. I then emailed them again mid-december for an update and they didn't even respond to my email. I then emailed them again about a week ago and once again didn't even get a response. It's been 5 months since I've even heard from them. My money and cards have now been held hostage for over a year and they have ceased communicating with me on top of it. I legitimately don't know what to do at this point other than continue waiting and hope that I actually receive my cards back some day. This is my first experience ever getting cards graded by Beckett and to say that it's been disappointing is an understatement.

I was not aware up front that this was going to be well over a year long process. There was no warning or indication anywhere on their website or order form that this was the case. I'm a patient person, I expected it to take a few months or maybe even half a year but I never expected it to take 13+ months with no communication on top of it all while being charged up front for the services too.

Hoping for a happy ending with good grades sometime soon.....

Random thought (mind you just a far fetched paranoid thought, but legitimate none the less):

Say you submit cards and you have some high dollar, extremely rare cards in your submission. Say it's taken in by someone who is leaving or just doesnt care. What if they walk with one of those cards? With over a year wait process, it would be a year before they find out that the card would even be missing. I highly doubt that all our cards are sitting in an actual "vault" with limited access. Especially with the acquisition and addition of CBCS to their facility. It would be a year before they or you notice it's even gone. Would they even have surveillance there to catch the person, and would footage be stored that long? You would just be reimbursed on the value you list, and after a year would you be able to get the same thing (if there is similar available due to limited print runs or one of a kinds) at the same cost? How many people under value their cards to save on return shipping insurance?

This would be a concern for me if my items were sitting in someone else's possession for over a year! This year wait has dragged out for about over 2 years now and is VERY problematic and with no solutions ever in sight. Very sad to see this.

Pretty sure BGS has fire & theft insurance and you will be paid whatever you insured the cards for.

Waiting over a year for your cards to be graded is just lazy, regardless of the company. Sending in bulk submissions makes more sense than paying for faster turnaround times to save on fees, but ridiculous if card values could have dropped since the submission date.

(01-13-2019, 05:05 AM)Portlis Wrote: I submitted my non guaranteed order on 1-1-18. It's now 1-13-19. I have yet to hear anything.

I emailed them in August regarding an update and was told it would take 2 to 3 more months (Oct or Nov). Obviously that was not true. I then emailed them again mid-december for an update and they didn't even respond to my email. I then emailed them again about a week ago and once again didn't even get a response. It's been 5 months since I've even heard from them. My money and cards have now been held hostage for over a year and they have ceased communicating with me on top of it. I legitimately don't know what to do at this point other than continue waiting and hope that I actually receive my cards back some day. This is my first experience ever getting cards graded by Beckett and to say that it's been disappointing is an understatement.

I was not aware up front that this was going to be well over a year long process. There was no warning or indication anywhere on their website or order form that this was the case. I'm a patient person, I expected it to take a few months or maybe even half a year but I never expected it to take 13+ months with no communication on top of it all while being charged up front for the services too.

Hoping for a happy ending with good grades sometime soon.....

If you can, contact your regional sales manager. That is what I did. I just shot him an email and he got back to me right away. Don't worry you'll get your stuff back. To be honest its never a thought that crossed my mind about theft or building burning down or anything like that. Obviously I have a little faith in them to be holding my cards well and that ill get them all back. This is also my first ever submission with BGS, took me months to decided whom to go with BGS or PSA. My father dealt with PSA and SGC a lot so I talked to him about likes and dislikes about those two but ultimately decided with BGS. Like I said in my earlier post I have no regrets. Do I wish it only would have taken the 6-7 months I was previously told....yeah of course. But right now I'm just happy that they have the cards and that 2018 for me flew by fast.