Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! I am trying to figure out if this is real or fake

Help! I am trying to figure out if this is real or fake
Hello,

I recently purchased this card from Ebay (i know, i know smh). I need help figuring out if this is real or fake.

I confirmed the serial number from Beckett's site, but i am still a little nervous about this card.

[Image: %24_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Help! I am trying to figure out if this is real or fake
And why would you think that people are already faking a BASE card, from 2018 Prizm, graded by BGS???
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

What exactly are you concerned about, being a fake card, being a fake BGS case, or something else?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It's 100 percent fake, no doubt about it ... send it to me and I'll make sure it's disposed of properly.

It is graded, and the number matches BGS listing, and it is a base card. You shouldn't have any concern at all. I know counterfeiters are quick and Doncic is hot, but counterfeiters don't normally mess with modern base cards.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(01-02-2019, 06:46 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: It is graded, and the number matches BGS listing, and it is a base card. You shouldn't have any concern at all. I know counterfeiters are quick and Doncic is hot, but counterfeiters don't normally mess with modern base cards.
That last line isn't entirely true. 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout is faked, and I could see other modern triple digit base cards being faked. That being said, there are not that many triple digit base cards, and while the Doncic Prizm could one day get there, it isn't even close right now. So I agree that it would be highly unlikely that the card would be faked, and even more so unlikely that if it was a fake card that it would be graded by BGS.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/