Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPOY Discussion
Sad 
DPOY Discussion
Let's hear who ya got for defensive player of the year. I mean obviously Roquan Smith has it locked up but who is playing for 2nd Wink

RE: DPOY Discussion
(01-01-2019, 08:46 PM)jplarson Wrote: Let's hear who ya got for defensive player of the year. I mean obviously Roquan Smith has it locked up but who is playing for 2nd Wink
I hate to say it...oh, boy...Khalil Mack.

J.J Watt had a great season and Id vote for him
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Aaron Donald I think has to be the guy. J.J. Watt would be second choice. Darius Leonard of the Colts would be third. Khalil Mack fourth. Maybe Bosa for 5th. Donald was a consistent game wrecker. Watt had a great come back season, and was amazing off the field as well. Leonard led the league in tackles, had several sacks, and a few ints as a ROOKIE! Mack was very good to start the year, but seemed to fade a bit as the year went on and people doubled him all the time. Bosa is a game wrecker when healthy.

I'm with you Nate on Aaron Donald. As much as I wanted it to be Mack and through the first third of the year that was the case. While his stats didn't always show up in the end, the Bears defense this year was utterly dominating, especially with the crazy proliferation of offense. Maybe they weren't the '85 Bears, but could the 85 Bears been as dominant with how the rules are today?

I would say Mack gets it. Donald has too much fire power on defense and that helped him pad his stats. Mack was dominant from the beginning. IMO I do not think the Bears D would not have been that dominant the whole year without Mack!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

(01-02-2019, 03:08 PM)jplarson Wrote: I'm with you Nate on Aaron Donald. As much as I wanted it to be Mack and through the first third of the year that was the case. While his stats didn't always show up in the end, the Bears defense this year was utterly dominating, especially with the crazy proliferation of offense. Maybe they weren't the '85 Bears, but could the 85 Bears been as dominant with how the rules are today?
Very true, tough to say, but I doubt any of the great defenses of the old days would be as good in today's NFL. Mack was definitely a game changer on many levels!

I'd say Donald and I dont think its even close.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

Since it is DPOY I say Donald. If it was DMVP I would say Mack get's it. I just think Mack's play uplifted the rest of the D while the Rams D as a whole seemed to underperform.

(01-09-2019, 10:11 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: Since it is DPOY I say Donald. If it was DMVP I would say Mack get's it. I just think Mack's play uplifted the rest of the D while the Rams D as a whole seemed to underperform.
Yes, thats actually a great way to put it. Rams D cant stop the run. Teams just run away from Donald.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]